Strict enforcement and fines into the hundreds of millions of dollars have raised the stakes in the battle against suspicious financial and property transactions. The back alley cash in a briefcase has given way to sophisticated business fronts and international wires.
If your organization accepts or sends funds by cash, checks, money orders, wires or other transfers, you could be a victim of fraud, corruption and money laundering tactics.
Robust Anti-Money Laundering Services
Organizations of all types and sizes can benefit from Marcum’s customized approach to AML compliance.
Following a rigorous risk assessment, our risk professionals can help you create and implement an AML compliance program designed to monitor, detect and deter fraud and money-laundering activities. Core AML services include:
- Overseeing development and implementation of a fraud, bribery and AML compliance policy and program.
- Providing guidance on regulatory requirements, and internal policies and controls.
- Periodically providing targeted and mandatory independent assessments on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Assisting with the establishment of a board- or executive-level committee for ongoing monitoring for fraud, bribery and money laundering, and in retaining on-call counsel for whistleblower claims or complaints, or regulatory inquiries.
- Reviewing sources and uses of funds, credit card charge-backs, disbursements, and more.
- Assisting court-appointed monitors in reviewing and reporting on compliance.
- Monitoring and reporting to regulators under Deferred Prosecution Agreements (DPA).
Select the region to view contacts.