Marcum assists in marital dissolution matters of all kinds, including complex high-profile cases involving parties with business and financial ties across a wide range of industries. We also act as a special master to arbitrators and mediators involving high net worth divorce matters involving complex financial assets. Divorce can significantly alter the financial positions of everyone involved. Marcum’s partners and associates strike just the right balance between compassion and pragmatic financial analysis.
Assisting you with your settlement are senior Marcum team members who hold many different accreditations, including but not limited to: Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV), Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA), Master Certified Business Appraiser (MCBA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), and Master of Business Administration (MBA). Our experienced tax advisors, and/or personal financial specialists with extensive experience ferreting out undisclosed assets. Marcum also assists during discovery and prepares counsel for settlement conferences, mediation and, if needed, trial.
Marital Dissolution Services
Divorce settlements are financially complex – including possible tax ramifications, hidden income, asset protection considerations, and division of family-owned businesses, to name a few considerations. We’re at your side throughout the intense and difficult decision-making process, protecting your best interests at every turn. Services include but aren’t limited to:
- Valuing businesses, securities and other equity and investment interests
- Providing forensic accounting services including but not limited to locating hidden or undisclosed assets and income, dissipation of marital assets, analysis of proper business expenses
- Preparing an after-tax income/cash flow analysis
- Preparing a detailed tracing analysis including the tracing of separate property, bank and investment accounts
- Comprehensive lifestyle expense analysis
- Calculation of alimony and child support scenarios
- Attending mediations and depositions, and testifying at hearings and trial
- Determining passive vs. active appreciation/depreciation of pre-marital and/or gifted assets
- Preparing financial affidavits/net worth statements
- Foreign and Domestic Asset Traces
- Analyzing property distribution settlement scenarios
- Foreign, United States, State and Local divorce tax research and analysis
- Rate of Return Analysis on asset settlement scenarios
- Computer Forensics
- Collaborative law assistance
Insights & News
A collective publication that includes financial insights on all things related to family law.
Select the region to view contacts.