Focus on innovation and keep up with disruptive market trends with experienced industry professionals by your side.
Some of the nation’s leading companies are incorporating blockchain technologies into their business processes. Blockchain’s disruptive technology has many practical uses. It can improve supply chain tracking and tracing, accelerate payments, and streamline compliance and auditing. But taking the leap into blockchain’s new way of managing data can cause real apprehension. With good reason.
Companies operating in the blockchain ecosystem rely on Marcum for practical guidance. Marcum’s experienced team recognizes blockchain’s potential benefits and, more importantly, the security and internal controls that need to be in place.
Partner with leading digital currency professionals
Marcum’s dedicated Digital Asset team is deeply entrenched in the industry, enabling us to provide premier accounting and advisory services in this space. With Marcum’s highly knowledgeable professionals, rest assured that you’re prepared to respond swiftly and effectively to change. We help you be as forward-thinking and careful in financial matters as you are proficient in digital assets and blockchain technology itself.
Count on Marcum for:
In-depth industry experience.
Working closely with a spectrum of digital currency players – from investment funds, lenders, exchanges, and broker/dealers to mining and staking companies, token issuers and custodians – we have our finger on the pulse of the industry. With dedicated professionals that work solely on digital assets and understand the underlying technology, we speak the same language to perform audits efficiently and utilize your time as effectively as possible.
Cutting-edge audit tools.
With our proprietary industry-specific audit tools, we independently query blockchains to extract timely and accurate data during the engagement process.
Marcum’s professionals bring extensive experience with a variety of digital assets and distributed ledger technologies, including blockchain consensus mechanisms (mining, staking), web3 infrastructure (layer 1 blockchains, layer 2 rollups, cross-chain bridges, wallets), decentralized finance (“DeFi”) applications (“dApps”), non-funguble tokens (“NFTs”), and on-chain governance and Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (“DAO”).
Leading professionals in digital currency taxation.
We understand the unique tax complexities impacting the industry and help you avoid potentially significant penalties for improper reporting while maximizing your tax strategy.
Specialized services for your digital assets accounting needs
Marcum supports domestic and international investors and organizations of all sizes and structures. We offer a full suite of audit, accounting, tax, and consulting services, including:
Audit and Assurance
- Performing financial statement audits for private companies
- Conducting private to public transitions and public company audits
- Performing Sarbanes Oxley 404b internal control audits
Tax Structuring, Compliance, and Consulting
- Providing tax guidance for the development and execution of token issuances
- Analyzing entity domestic and offshore structure to optimize tax benefits
- Analyzing gain and loss strategies and reconciliation
- Determining appropriate tax positions to mitigate exposure
Governance, Risk, and Compliance
- Providing scalable risk and control gap analyses, diagnostic reviews, and full RCM assessments against industry best practices and frameworks, including: CCSS, FFIEC, NIST, ISO, CIS, COSO, NYDSF Title 23 NYCRR and similar regulations
- Conducting SOC 1 and SOC 2 Reporting and/or “Readiness” Assessments
- Developing and assessing BSA/AML/ OFAC/FCPA/GDPR compliance programs
- Performing Internal Audit services (Co-Sourcing/Outsourcing/Transformation)
- Providing Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Value at Risk (VAR) assessments
- Performing security audits to identify vulnerabilities and security gaps
- Conducting penetration tests and vulnerability assessments to ensure resiliency of networks and applications
- Monitoring environment activity and endpoints to detect and mitigate cyber threats
- Conducting periodic phishing simulations and training to increase user awareness of cyber threats
Select the region to view contacts.