The Marcum Tax-Exempt Advisory Services Group brings an unmatched depth and breadth of expertise in tax consulting and preparation services and has extensive experience in handling all aspects of tax planning, compliance and accounting issues for tax-exempt organizations.
Our clients range from small, charitable organizations to large, international membership associations. We work closely with the management, boards and staff of each organization in a team effort to meet the special challenges and issues they face. We also maintain a technical knowledge of current issues through continuing education and by monitoring federal and state legislative changes, IRS rulings and court decisions.
We provide tax and estate planning for industry leaders and their families, and help ensure that our tax-exempt clients stay that way. Our tax advisors have worked with owners and managers of substantial assets as well as with governing boards and executive staff of thousands of mission-driven organizations.
Tax-exempt status comes with many strings attached.
As scrutiny of tax-exempt organizations by the federal government, state Attorneys General and your constituencies increase and nonprofit compliance issues become more complex, you need a tax team that is thoroughly familiar with the ever-changing tax laws, tax regulations and tax rulings specific to the nonprofit sector.
Marcum’s tax professionals provide associations, public charter schools, foundations, NGOs and public charities the tax education, advice and support they need to ensure they will remain exempt and able to continue their important work. With “exemption protection,” Marcum helps nonprofits protect their greatest asset: their nonprofit status.
From your organization’s initial application for tax-exempt status to your annual federal and state filings, Marcum’s tax professionals embrace your vision, ensure compliance and provide guidance.
Nonprofit Tax Services
- Public charities.
- Private foundations.
- Pension plans.
- Federal tax compliance.
- Unrelated business income tax returns.
- State income, sales and property tax filings.
- Multi-state and local tax compliance.
- Charitable remainder trusts.
- Federal and state tax dispute resolution.
- Application for exemption.
- Communication with Internal Revenue Service.
- Unrelated business income issues.
- Alternative investments.
- FIN 48 and SFS 157 analysis and documentation.
- Dealing with Internal Revenue Service examinations.
- Private foundation advisory group.
- Political action committee (PAC) compliance.
- Lobbying and political activity restrictions and reporting.
- Private foundation status and reporting requirements.
- Board trainings.
- Organization specific trainings.
Insights & News
Select the region to view contacts.