Marcum’s Real Estate Group specializes in providing financial, tax and accounting solutions. Marcum provides a full range of services to real estate owners, developers, managers, REITs, private equity funds, institutional investors, hotel owner operators and other real estate related entities.
Our expertise includes financial statement preparation, tax return preparation, tax consulting, investor reporting, accounting systems, partnership cash flow modeling and transactional services.
The Real Estate Group offers a wide range of financial, tax and accounting services tailored to meet the specific needs of the real estate industry. These services are client customized to satisfy the requirements of the real estate investor ranging from the individual real estate owner through the largest global institutional investor. Our extensive knowledge of the real estate industry combined with our expertise in the leading real estate software packages ensures that our clients maximize the value of their real estate holdings.
Contact the National Leader
Scope of Services
The Real Estate Group provides a full range of assurance, tax and consulting services to the real estate industry including private equity funds, real estate investment funds, REITs, pension advisors and private real estate companies including:
- Assurance Services
- Financial statement audits.
- Real estate investment company audits.
- Due diligence and operational agreed-upon procedures reports.
- Regulated real estate projects audit.
- Reviews and compilation.
- Special-purpose audits including operating and certiorari.
- Rule 3-14 and Rule 3-05 of SEC resolutions S-X audits.
- Outsourced Accounting
- General ledger maintenance, invoice processing and bank reconciliations.
- Establish chart of accounts.
- Accounting department development.
- Training and oversight of accounting personnel.
- Interim staffing requirements through CFO.
- Operating expense billing and analysis.
- Waterfall/Promote Calculations
- Review operating agreement.
- Create and maintain waterfall/promote model based on parameters in operating agreement.
- Track partner contributions and distributions.
- Calculate allocation of projected capital proceeds to partners.
- External Audit Coordination
- Manage external audit process.
- Complete confirmations.
- Prepare audit work papers.
- Respond to auditor inquiries.
- Tax Services
- Federal and state tax return preparation.
- Consultation regarding acquisition and sale, 1031 exchanges, cost segregation, debt financed distributions.
- Transactional Services
- Acquisition due diligence disposition and financing.
- Strategic investment analysis.
- Lease consulting and abstracting.
- Cash flow modeling (Argus).
- Property and portfolio purchase and sale closings.
- Customized spreadsheets and databases.
- Joint Venture and Individual Property Audits
- Audits for office buildings, apartment buildings, condo conversions, hotels, shopping centers, industrial buildings, land and more. We operate in all fifty (50) states and, our ability to perform joint venture audit engagements primarily offsite provides significant savings to the owners. We also perform reviews and compilations.
- Real Estate Investment Fund Audits
- Audits of real estate investment funds at fair value accounting in accordance with Investment Company guidance.
- Agreed Upon Procedures
- Assisting owners and investors in monitoring their investments through implementing procedures to evaluate performance and compliance by their property manager or joint venture partners. Procedures can be tailored to focus on the high risk and key areas of concern or importance.
- Rule 3-14 and Rule 3-05 of SEC Regulation S-X
- Providing audits for new acquisitions in accordance with Rule 3-14 and Rule 3-05 of Regulation S-X governing the financial statement requirements for acquired properties.
- Acquisition Due Diligence
- Comprehensive due diligence including evaluation of projects, testing and review of purchase price models including Argus and NOI reviews.
- Cost Segregation
- Preparation of cost segregation studies and coordination with tax group.