Marcum’s Financial Institutions Service Group offers industry expertise and a commitment to provide a wide array of services within the financial institution industry.
Our Marcum team consists of experts from various fields of auditing, tax, IT and consulting and has the hands-on experience in many aspects of the financial institution industry, serving more than 50 regional banks, community banks, credit unions and mortgage banking companies.
Over the years, the Marcum Financial Institutions Service Group has been involved in complex financial institution engagements including mergers and acquisitions, the IPO and S-1 process, governance and financial literacy training to Audit Committees and Boards of Directors, and consulting on troubled debt restructurings, the allowance for loan loss calculation, and various regulatory matters. Marcum’s Financial Institutions Service Group possesses the requisite expertise and resources for any tax, audit, IT or internal audit engagement for both public and private institutions. Our long history of dedicated, client-focused and value added service to the financial institution industry is a hallmark of our firm.
Scope of Services
Marcum views the role of an accountant as a proactive and creative team player, offering both practical and technical expertise in business matters. Our role is to improve accountability, identify opportunities and plan the financial future and growth potential of our clients. In all that we do, we strive to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations by working with them to resolve various types of business issues.
Audit and Assurance Services
- Financial statement audits.
- Internal control audits (SOX 404 and FDICIA).
- Agreed-upon procedures engagements.
- SSAE 16 examinations.
- Employee benefit plan audits.
- Tax provision computation/review.
- Tax compliance.
- Compensation planning.
- Transaction cost analysis.
- Research and project assistance.
- Merger & acquisition consulting.
- Tax planning.
- Nexus review.
- Controversy services.
Information Technology/Internal Audit/Regulatory
- Internal audit.
- IT audit/Information security assessments.
- Network vulnerability and penetration testing.
- OFAC compliance.
- Dodd-Frank compliance.
- Vendor management programs.
- SOX 404 and FDICIA implementation and testing.
- Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering testing.
- Fiduciary and trust operations.
- Enterprise risk management assessment and programs.
- Process redesign and enhancement programs.
- Operation risk management assessment and programs.
- Policies and procedures development.
Banking CPAs is a nationwide affiliation of independently owned accounting firms committed to delivering exceptional financial and consulting services to the community banking industry. Certified Public Accountants who demonstrate expertise and focus in supporting community banks are selected based on their superior service to the industry. Banking CPAs members cooperatively build leading accounting practices in their individual markets by exchanging business development practices and technical knowledge to benefit more community banking clients effectively.