Corporations of all sizes in most every industry regularly turn to Marcum’s Corporate Tax Group for help in managing and minimizing federal and state tax risk and liabilities. Tax laws are complex, and complying with all the rules and regulations can be exacting. You need experienced, perceptive professionals to arrive at the desired outcomes.
One hallmark of Marcum’s comprehensive tax services is helping clients increase their use of technology to maximize efficiency and simplify tax processes. At Marcum, you benefit from tax professionals in a variety of advisory and compliance areas working together to drive the most effective tax strategies for your business.
In addition, corporate tax team members advise Marcum assurance clients and are valued resources to other businesses that need an independent specialist firm to serve as an extension of the management team in tax planning matters. Frequently, due to independence issues, large accounting firms and their clients look to Marcum for assistance with tax provision preparation and special tax projects.
Scope of Services
- Choice of entity and entity conversions.
- Structuring of operations.
- Capitalization planning – debt versus equity analysis.
- Review of tax accounting methods.
- Compensation solutions and Section 280G (parachute payment) analysis.
- Financial reporting of income taxes—tax provision review and assistance.
- Consolidated returns.
- Stock basis.
- E&P analysis.
- Tax-sharing agreements.
- NOL and other attribute determinations and optimization.
- Corporate distributions and redemptions.
- Mergers, acquisitions and structuring.
- Transaction cost analysis.
- State & Local Tax.
- International Tax Consulting.
- Tax Credits & Incentives.
- Cost Recovery & Accounting.
- Debt restructurings.
- Buy-sell agreements.
- Outsourced tax department services.
- Loaning tax staff to accounting or tax departments.
2022 Marcum Year-End Tax Guide
Tax Planning for 2022 and 2023
Insights & News
Select the region to view contacts.