Mark Agulnik is a Partner in Marcum's Assurance Division. With more than 15 years professional experience, he provides assurance and advisory services including the review of financial statements, SAS 70/SSAE 16 audits, Internal Control and IT Risk assessment, HIPAA Compliance Consulting, forensic accounting and implementation of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Mr. Agulnik serves as the Southeast Regional leader of Marcum's IT Risk and Assurance Services and High Technology Practice Group, and is a member of Marcum's Healthcare and Broker-Dealer Practice Group. Mr. Agulnik provides guidance to clients on complex accounting issues and developments in various industries, including finance, healthcare, technology, service providers, manufacturing, distribution, broker-dealer and not-for-profits.
In addition, Mr. Agulnik provides continuing education courses, both internally and externally, on current accounting and auditing matters. Mr. Agulnik previously worked as an internal auditor for a public company. There, he was significantly involved in compliance with the provisions of Sarbanes-Oxley.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- American Bar Association
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- The Florida Bar
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Children's Harbor, Inc. – Board of Directors and Audit Committee Member Nominating & Governance Committee, Chair
- HIPAA Compliance - Privacy and Security Rules, Presented to FAU, June 2015
- SSAE16 and IT Security presentation to FICPA, February 2014
- FICPA Not-for-Profit Conference presenter on advanced topics, May 2013
- Sarbanes Oxley AS5 Audits Of Smaller Companies Teleconference
- Lorman Teleconference, "SAS 70 and SSAE 16: Basics, Rules and Stafford Teleconference Mastering SAS 70 Reports for Service Organizations" - June, 2010
Nova Southeastern University Law School
Master of Science, Accounting
Nova Southeastern University, School of Business and Entrepreneurship
Bachelor of Science, Accounting
On November 8, 2011, theSecurities and Exchange Commission (SEC) approved new amendments to the listing rules for reverse-merger companies (RMCs). A reverse merger occurs when ....
In May 2010, the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) sponsored a study, Fraudulent Financial Reporting: 1998-2007(the Study). The Study found that ....