As partner-in-charge of Marcum's Southeast Region, Michael Balter oversees Firm services to all Marcum clients in Florida and Tennessee and is also responsible for operations in the region's five Marcum offices. Additionally, he is partner-in-charge of Florida Assurance Services and is a member of Marcum's Executive Committee.
Mr. Balter joined Marcum in 2014 with over 25 years of client service experience in the construction, manufacturing, distribution and service industries.
Mr. Balter holds an MBA from Florida Atlantic University and a BS in Accounting from the University of Florida, where he serves on the Accounting Advisory Board. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA), and the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) – South Florida. He is also a Board member and past president of the Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA) and is the chairman of the FICPA Construction Conference.
Mr. Balter authored the Financial Management section of The Contractors Manual for Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) and recently completed his term as financial counsel for the South Florida Chapter of the Associated General Contractors (AGC) of America. He also is a regular contributor to industry journals including Construction Focus, Construction Ink, and Building Florida.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. (ABC)
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) South Florida
- Construction Financial Managers Associations (CFMA), Board
- FICPA Construction Conference Committee
- FICPA Construction Conference Committee - Chair, 2016 Construction Industry Conference
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- University of Florida Accounting Advisory Board
- "10 Sure-Fire Mistakes That Can Lead to Contractor Failure," Construction Business Owner, January, 2016
- Construction Industry Accounting Issues, FICPA
- Construction Industry Accounting Update, CFMA
- "Guidelines for Establishing a Joint Venture," – Building Foundation
- "Bonus Plan Design," – Construction Ink
- "Does Your Bonus Program Really Work?," – Building Florida
- "Cash Management Improvement Ideas for Contractors," – Building Florida
- "There is More Than One Way To Measure Business Success," – Building Florida
- "The Care and Keeping of an Employee File," – CFMA Building Profits
- "Cash Management Strategies," – Construction Focus
- "Pre–Project Investigation Strategies to Ensure Success," – CFMA
- "Construction Accounting and Benchmarking," – ABC & CFMA
General Business Consulting
Bachelor of Science, Accounting
University of Florida
Masters in Business Administration
Florida Atlantic University
Top 100 Power Leader, 2015, South Florida Business Journal
Firm executives discuss the state of South Florida's diverse accounting sector.
Michael Balter, partner-in-charge of Marcum LLP's Southeast Region, has been named a 2016 Top 100 Power Leader by South Florida Business Journal. This is the second consecutive ....
Now that the economy finally appears to be headed in the right direction, many contractors are thinking about hiring talent, acquiring bonding and raising capital ....
November 30, 2015
Marcum LLP Merges with DGLF CPAs & Business Advisors
Marcum LLP, a top national accounting and advisory services firm, announced today that it will merge with DGLF CPAs & Business Advisors, a full-service accounting ....
Top 100 Power Leaders working in South Florida's burgeoning business community. These are the region's top executives - those with a consistent track record of ....
For Michael Balter, accounting is as much about people as balance sheets.
He has spent much of the past month - his first at ....
One way to take the pulse on a region's economy is to talk to an accountant with a big book of business.
Michael Balter, CPA, has joined national accounting firm Marcum LLP as Partner-in-Charge of its Florida Region. He additionally serves as Partner-in-Charge of Assurance Services for ....
Michael Balter has joined Marcum LLP as partner-in-charge of the firm's Florida Region. He additionally serves as partner-in-charge of Assurance Services for the Florida Region ....
Michael Balter has been admitted to New York-based Marcum LLP (FY13 net revenue of $350.2 million) as PIC of its Florida Region. He additionally serves ....
November 17, 2014
Michael Balter Joins Marcum LLP as Partner-in-Charge of Florida Region
Michael Balter, CPA, has joined national accounting firm Marcum LLP as Partner-in-Charge of the Florida Region. He additionally serves as Partner-in-Charge of Assurance Services for ....
Marcum LLP, one of the nation's largest independent public accounting and advisory services firms, named a new partner in charge of its Florida region.