Michael Brooder serves as the Partner-in-Charge of the Firm's Hartford, Connecticut office and is a member of its National High Tech, Construction and Real Estate Industry groups. He also serves as the National High Technology Industry Group Leader. He has more than 18 years of experience conducting, reviewing and analyzing financial data for publicly-traded and privately-held companies in various industries.
Mr. Brooder has extensive experience with reporting requirements for publicly traded companies, including comfort letters, registration statements and 10-Q and 10-K forms. He consults with clients and assists them with their Sarbanes-Oxley readiness. He offers both public and non-public businesses with services related to merger and acquisition transaction.
Mr. Brooder extends his expertise internally as an advisor to professional staff on accounting and auditing matters and conducts seminars for staff training.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants(AICPA)
- The Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CSCPA)
- Real Estate and Construction Committee, Past Chairperson
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Association of General Contractors
- Young Contractor´s Forum
- Membership Committee
- Governance/By Laws Committee
- Connecticut Construction Industry Association
- Construction Financial Management Association
- Town of Wallingford, Board of Education
- Operations Committee, Chairperson
- Liaison for Town Council
- Wallingford Country Club, Treasurer; Finance Committee, Chairman
- Bushnell Overseers Board
- Gaylord Hospital Board of Directors
- SARAH Foundation, Inc., Treasurer
- Audit and Finance Committee, Chairperson
- Golf Committee, Chairperson
- Walter Camp Foundation
- Links to College Charitable Foundation Golf Tournament, Chairperson
- Boy Scout
- Raising capital just got a little easier, Hartford Business Journal, January 2016
- Can Connecticut Retain its Star Tech Companies?, WNPR, November 2013
- Despite Tough Job Market, Accounting Grads Flourish, Hartford Business Journal, August 2013
- New Accounting Options Simplify Financial Statements For Tech Start-Ups, Hartford Business Journal, July 2013
- Recognizing the Equity in Your Balance Sheet: Constructing Sound Financial Returns, Journal of Construction Accounting and Taxation, November/December 2006
- Digging Through the Impacts of FIN 45 and FASB 150, Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants Annual Construction Conference, 2005
Bachelor of Arts, Accounting
Washington & Jefferson College
Professional Achievement and Community Involvement Award, New Haven Business Times
The Connecticut Technology Council (CTC) and Marcum LLP today announced the 2016 Marcum Tech Top 40, an annual recognition of the fastest growing technology companies ....
Remember when raising funds in the capital markets was only for large companies? Did you think the IPO process was too burdensome and only possible ....
Marcum LLP and the Connecticut Technology Council tonight announced the winners of the 2015 Marcum Tech Top 40, an annual awards program recognizing the fastest ....
Connecticut has its share of tech giants, like Priceline.com and TicketNetwork. But it's increasingly up against stiff competition from other states to grow and retain ....
As many graduates continue to struggle to find employment, those departing college with an accounting degree are finding opportunities aplenty.
Entrepreneurs beginning new technology companies have many issues to deal with, including developing their products and bringing them to market, raising capital, and growing their ....