As a Director in the Firm's Accounting Services department, Ira Kantor oversees staff responsible for offering a host of professional services for numerous client engagements. Although he has extensive experience serving clients in a variety of industries, Mr. Kantor has developed a niche working with closely-held businesses within the construction industry, including several large general contractors and specialty sub-contractors, and serves as the Firm's Long Island Regional Leader for its National Construction Industry Group. He assists his clients with financial statement preparation, tax compliance and planning, budgeting and forecasting, and business consulting.
Since joining the Firm in 1995, Mr. Kantor has been given increasing levels of responsibility; being named Manager in 1996, Senior Manager in 2006 and Director in 2007. In addition, he was one of the select few who participated in Marcum's Emerging Leadership Program, a top-level training program.
Mr. Kantor frequently speaks at industry organizations including the U.S. Small Business Administration on topics related to accounting and bookkeeping. He has more than 20 years experience. Earlier in his career, Mr. Kantor was with a regional accounting firm where he first developed his specialty of serving construction-related businesses.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Real Estate and Construction Committee, Suffolk Chapter, Chairperson
- LEA/Leading Edge Alliance, Real Estate and Construction Special Interest Group
- Construction Financial Management Association, Long Island Chapter, Board of Directors
- Contractors for Kids, Advisory Board Member
- United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Suffolk
- AHRC of Suffolk County, Former Business Advisory Board Member
- Fundamentals of Construction Accounting, Citibank
- The Accountants Role as a Business Advisor
- Keeping the Books: How to Manage Financial Records for your Business, Small Business Administration
Well it's finally here. After many years, many changes and much speculation, on May 28, 2014, the Financial Accounting Standards Board and the International Accounting ....
July 16, 2013
Ira Kantor, Director, Tax & Business Services, Article "The End of Off Balance Sheet Lease Accounting May Impact Access to Financing for Lessees", Featured in New York Real Estate Journal Network
Leasing is a major activity for many entities. It is a means for gaining access to assets, obtaining financing and reducing an entity's exposure to ....