Jim Lundy is a partner in the Tax & Business Services division and a member of Marcum's national Construction Industry Practice group. He came to Marcum in 2015 via the Firm's merger with DGLF CPAs & Business Advisors, a full-service accounting firm specializing in construction and real estate, with offices in Nashville, Tennessee, and Orlando, Florida.
With more than 30 years of experience in both public and private practice, Mr. Lundy is one of the most respected tax consultants in the construction industry. He works regularly with more than 350 construction entities to provide a wide range of tax services. Services include performing tax physicals to provide a full overview of a construction company's tax compliance and planning opportunities, establishing continuity and succession plans for contractors, dealing with federal and state authorities regarding tax issues important to contractors and leading in the timely completion of tax reporting required for the construction industry.
Mr. Lundy is an accomplished speaker and the author of many articles published on construction tax-related issues. The Tennessee Society of CPAs has honored him as Speaker of the Year more than 10 times; the Alabama Society of CPAs has presented him with their Thomas A. Ratcliff Outstanding Discussion Leader Award; and he has been the highest-rated speaker at both the American Institute of CPAs' National Construction Industry Conference and the AICPA National Tax Conference.
He is often sought out to provide in-house training to other CPA firms and organizations interested in obtaining the most up-to-date and practical applications of the tax rules and regulations pertaining to the construction industry. He has also testified before the Tennessee Tax Commission regarding the taxation of multi-state contractors.
Mr. Lundy is a past chair of the TSCPA Construction Committee and is former chairman of the AICPA National Construction Committee. He helped direct the very successful initial statewide construction conference and has been active in other committees, including the Continuing Education Committee, the Accounting Careers Committee, the Tennessee Road Builders Investment Committee and the Board of Directors of the Middle Tennessee Associated Builders and Contractors.
Jim is licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in the states of Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina, and Oregon. He graduated from Lipscomb University with a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), former chair, National Construction Committee
- Middle Tennessee Associated Builders and Contractors, Board of Directors
- Richland Country Club Finance Committee
- Tennessee Road Builders Investment Committee
- Tennessee Society of CPAs, chair, Construction Committee
- Construction Tax Panel, AICPA Construction and Real Estate Conference, December 2015
- Large Contractor Tax Issues, AICPA Construction and Real Estate Conference, December 2015
- Accounting and Auditing Update for Construction Contractors
- Advanced Construction Accounting and Tax (8 Hours)
- Continuity and Succession Planning for Contractors (How to Make Your Company Last Longer Than You)
- Living With Look-Back
- Pre-Year End Planning for Contractors (What to Do While There Is Still Time!)
- Tax Issues for Large Contractors
- Tax Issues for Small Contractors
- Tax Update for Construction Contractors
Contractor Tax Physicals
Federal and State Tax Compliance for Construction Companies
Pre-Year End Tax Planning for Contractors
Succession Planning for Construction Companies
Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting
Speaker of the Year, Tennessee Society of CPAs
Thomas A. Ratcliff Outstanding Discussion Leader Award, Alabama Society of CPAs
Highest Rated Speaker, American Institute of CPAs - National Construction Industry Conference and National Tax Conference