Mark Chaves has more than 20 years of experience in public accounting, assisting clients with domestic and international tax planning and structuring, mergers and acquisitions and business reorganizations. His focus is on working with multinational corporations to manage cross border direct and indirect tax issues, foreign tax credit and repatriation planning, reorganization of expatriate and inpatriate tax matters, and ASC 740 reporting. In addition, he assists individuals with international estate planning, inbound tax structuring of investments in U.S. real property, and pre-immigration planning, as well as with cross border tax issues and filings for FINCEN compliance.
Prior to joining Marcum, Mr. Chaves was a senior partner at a South Florida accounting firm. He began his career in the international tax department of a "Big Four" accounting firm.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Britweek Miami, LLC, Board Member
- Articles, Seminars & presentations
- International Tax Issues, Dade and Broward Counties Realtors' Associations
- International Tax Issues, Dade and Broward Counties Realtors’ Associations
Foreign Investors & Companies
Real Estate Companies
Bachelors of Science, Accounting
There's a potential silver lining after watching a portion of your investment account get wiped away following the U.K. vote to leave the European Union.
The United Kingdom's vote to leave the European Union will likely deal a blow to Florida's
tourism industry, according to Chief Economist for the Florida Chamber ....