The Marcum 2016 Year-End Tax Guide continues our tradition of providing timely tax guidance for the upcoming year.
Marcum's Tax Compliance group provides a wide array of tax reporting services for corporate and non-corporate clients. This group of professionals understands the ever-changing tax laws and regulations and can assist clients in maintaining tax reporting obligations.
The Group's members have extensive experience in tax return preparation and are skilled with various tax preparation software systems. The members pursue varying continuing education courses to stay current in tax issues affecting their clients, including attending both national and local tax seminars.
Contact one of Marcum's regional representatives.
- Preparation of individual (Form 1040) and state and local tax returns.
- Preparation of Form 1120 (regular corporation), 1120F (foreign corporation ), 1120S (S corporation), 1065 (partnership and LLCs).
- Preparation of consolidated corporate tax returns.
- Preparation of state and local returns on a stand-alone or combined basis.
- Preparation of various forms for trusts, estates and gifts.
- Preparation of various forms for tax-exempt entities and private foundations.
- Preparation of various foreign information forms including Forms 926, 3520, 3520-A, 5471, 5472 and TD F 90-22.1.
- Preparation of various forms for foreign persons’ U.S. source income including Forms 1040NR, 1042, 8804, 8805 and treaty positions.
February 09, 2017
IRS Rolls Out Campaigns Showing the Future of Tax Examinations
On January 31, 2017, the Large Business and International division of the IRS rolled out the latest phase in a new effort aimed at improving ....
On January 18, 2017, the Internal Revenue Service ("IRS") published administrative guidance in Notice 2017-15, providing specific policy and procedures for retroactively changing the tax ....
January 25, 2017
States Require Driver's License for E-Filing Tax Returns
For individual filers who are required to e-file their income tax returns, don't be surprised to hear your accountant tell you she needs a copy ....
January 09, 2017
Construction Contracts: Tax Planning Opportunities
When it comes to construction contracts and the IRS, the rules can be very complex. The IRS specifically addresses tax matters and construction industry
issues within ....
Whether or not you approve of Donald J. Trump as the next president of the United States, if you're a highincome earner who would like ....
December 01, 2016
District Court Issues Nationwide Injunction on New Overtime Rule
A federal district judge in Texas issued an injunction on November 22, 2016, banning implementation of the Department of Labor's ("DOL") new rule increasing the ....
September 23, 2016
IRS and Security Summit Partners Warn of Fake Tax Bill Emails
The IRS has issued an official alert warning taxpayers of fake tax bill emails. In IRS Newswire IR-2016-123, reprinted below, the IRS explains how to ....
Republican vice presidential nominee Mike Pence released 10 years of tax returns on Friday evening, a disclosure that Donald Trump, his partner on the Republican ....