Tax & Business Services
Amie Gartenberg is a principal in the Firm’s New York City office. Ms. Gartenberg concentrates her practice in estate and succession planning, as well as complex probate and estate administration. She advises high net worth (often multigenerational) clients regarding sophisticated estate and business succession planning with an emphasis on tax-efficient estate, gift, generation-skipping transfers, and income tax planning, including structures and strategies in the context of business transactions, personal and estate financial planning, charitable activities, and beneficial planning for family members with special needs.
She represents fiduciaries in every aspect of estate administration from the probate process through accounting and distribution to beneficiaries, as well as preparing estate tax returns and representation of clients on federal and state estate and inheritance tax audits.
Prior to joining Marcum LLP, Ms. Gartenberg was, for over 30 years, the Trust and Estates Partner in the Hackensack and NYC offices of Gartenberg Howard, LLP She began her career at a boutique intellectual property law firm assisting well known visual artists transfer their often unique legacies and property rights.
Ms. Gartenberg has been peer review rated as a pre-eminent lawyer (“AV” rated) by Martindale-Hubbell and is a recipient of the AWO Clients’ Choice Award.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- New York State Bar Association , Trusts & Estates Section
- New Jersey State Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Jewish Home Family of Northern New Jersey
Articles, Seminars and Presentations
- Ethical Challenges for the Trusts and Estates Practitioner
- So You’ve Been Appointed Executor – Now What Do You Do?
- Maintaining an Ethical Balance in Probate Practice
- New York State Trial Lawyers’ Association: Surrogate’s Court Practice for Pl/Med Mal Cases
- Planning for Aging: Health & wealth decisions – maintaining choices & control
- Welcome to New Jersey Wills
- It’s Not Just Naming a Guardian: The Young Family Estate Planning Toolkit
- Women In Transition – Estate Planning Issues
- The Boomer Toolkit – “Must-Have” Legal Knowledge for Every Woman in Transition
- Parent-Talk – An Informal Estate Planning Workshop For Moms and Dads Thinking about Wills
- Maximizing Your Family’s Legal Health: Planning for Transitions With the Least Outside (Court) Involvement
- UJA Federation (Bergen County) Endowment Foundation Panel: Charitable Trust Planning