Office Managing Partner
Tax & Business
Carolyn Mazzenga is the office managing partner in Melville, New York, responsible for overseeing the growth of Marcum’s Long Island operations. She is also leader of the Firm’s national Family Wealth Services group, assisting clients in wealth preservation and succession planning to meet their lifetime objectives and achieve their philanthropic goals. In addition, she assists hedge fund managers with personal and business income tax solutions.
Leveraging her distinction in the women’s business community, Ms. Mazzenga was instrumental in launching the Marcum Women’s Leadership Development Program, a cutting-edge initiative to help promote and nourish the careers of the Firm’s female managers and partners. Currently, she serves on the Firm’s national Diversity & Inclusion Committee and co-chairs the annual Marcum Women’s Forum in New York City.
A recognized industry leader named one of the Most Powerful Women in Accounting, Ms. Mazzenga has authored numerous articles and speaks before professional organizations on tax, estate and succession planning topics. She also has been quoted in several publications on work-life balance, flexible scheduling and women’s initiatives. In 2016, she was featured in Inc. Magazine’s “Playbook” video series, advising young entrepreneurs about different aspects of achieving success.
In addition, she chairs the annual Marcum Workplace Challenge, the largest event of its kind in the Long Island region, which has raised more than $800,000 for community non-profit organizations since 2006.
Prior to joining Marcum in 1991, Ms. Mazzenga operated her own practice providing services to small, mid-sized and women-owned businesses as well as high-net-worth individuals. Earlier in her career, she spent 10 years with a “Big 4” firm.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Long Island Association, Board of Directors
- Long Island Cares Inc.-The Harry Chapin Food Bank, Board of Directors, Finance Committee
- Girl Scouts of Nassau County, Finance Committee, Former Board Member
- Long Island Center for Business and Professional Women, Past President, Board of Directors
Awards & Recognitions
- Top 25 Power Accountants, Long Island Business News, 2022, 2021
- Top Business Leaders of Nassau, Blank Slate Media, 2022
- Long Island Association Humanitarian Award, 2018
- SUNY Oneonta Alumni of Distinction Award, 2017
- Midas Award for Corporate Accounting, Long Island Pulse, 2016
- Professional Mentoring Leadership Award, Advancement for Commerce, Industry & Technology (ACIT), 2015
- One of the Most Powerful Women in Accounting, CPA Advisor Magazine
- Women in Accounting: Preparing Future Leaders, Accounting Today TV
- Long Island’s Top 50 Women, Long Island Business News, Hall of Fame