Office Managing Partner
Tax & Business
Cathy Werthan is the Firm’s office managing partner in Nashville, Tennessee. In 2004, she founded and was the managing partner of her own CPA practice and has more than 30 years of CPA practice management experience. She approaches each client relationship with a consultative, strategic mindset as she partners in their growth and offers a blend of industry experience, technical acumen and innovation.
Ms. Werthan has extensive experience in real estate, construction, medical, creative, and not-for-profit sectors. She has provided training and consulting to brokers of several real estate brokerage firms in Nashville and is considered a real estate virtuoso among real estate professionals. Her extensive know-how in real estate includes 1031 exchange transactions and migrating the opportunity zone laws.
She provides guidance to executive directors, CFO’s, business owners and individuals working closely with them on accounting best practices, tax and strategic planning, succession planning, partner retreats, hiring issues, and design of employee benefit plans. Her mentorship to CFO’s and executive directors includes how to be good stewards of their organizations.
Ms. Werthan has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, and she advises entrepreneurs with start-up businesses. She collaborates on tax strategic decision making, facilitates IRS audits and helps resolve issues with the IRS and State agencies.
In addition to her CPIn addition to her CPA License, Ms. WA License, Ms. Werthan holds a TN Life & Health Insuranceerthan holds a TN Life & Health Insurance license and formerly held a securities license. As such, she has advanced knowledgelicense and formerly held a securities license. As such, she has advanced knowledge in insurance and investments and assists clients in understanding and interpretingin insurance and investments and assists clients in understanding and interpreting complicated investment structures.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Congregation Ohabai Sholom – Board of Trustees, Budget & Finance Committee
- Jewish Family Services of Nashville and Middle TN – Board Member
- American Women’s Society of CPAs, Nashville Chapter – Former President
- Nashville LGBT Chamber Foundation – Founder and Former Treasurer
- Nashville LGBT Chamber of Commerce – Former Treasurer
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Managing Your Finances During Uncertain Times, Nashville LGBT Chamber of Commerce Classroom Connect
- Business & Individual Taxation, Marcum/Waller Annual Tax Forum, November 2020
- Financial Management of Musicians, Co-Author, 1999