About Marissa Pepe
Marissa Pepe Turrell is a Director in the Advisory Services division of the Firm’s New England offices and is a member of its Forensics and Valuation Services practice groups. Adept at all facets of financial analysis, she has over ten years’ experience providing business valuations, financial analyses, financial modeling and litigation support for private and public clients that span a variety of industries.
Ms. Pepe Turrell’s valuation expertise includes appraising companies for gift and estate tax purposes, succession planning, equity buy-in and redemptions, and mergers and acquisitions. In addition, she provides valuations for financial reporting purposes, including allocation of purchase price and executive compensation for companies with complex capital structures. Marissa has performed various scenario analyses and financial modeling, including for product pricing, supplier and vendor negotiations and exit scenarios for management strategic planning and operational needs.
Ms. Pepe Turrell is an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA), designated in Business Valuation, of the American Society of Appraisers and holds an Masters of Business
Administration and Masters of Science in Information Systems. Her wealth of experience and education has been invaluable in providing analysis and assessment concerning fraud, internal investigations, valuations, damage calculations, and lost profit analysis across a wide spectrum of industries.
Ms. Pepe Turrell rejoined the Firm in 2015 and was previously with Marcum and its predecessor firms from 2005 to 2013. Prior to rejoining Marcum, she was a Director at a boutique valuation firm in Massachusetts.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA) Business Valuation Webinar Committee, Chair
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Connecticut Women’s Council
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Consideration of Organizational Documents in Business Valuations, Marcum Valuation & Litigation Advisor, February 2020
- Valuation of Construction Companies, Construction Accounting & Taxation, July/August 2019
- The Impact of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on Business Valuation, American Bar Association – Family Advocate, Co- Author- Mark Harrison, CPA, ABV, CFF, Esq., May 2019
- Discussion on Pass-Through Entity Premium: an intimate setting/interview Q&A Marcum 2018 Valuation and Litigation Support Conference New Haven, CT 2018
- Valuation Under the New Tax Provisions, Marcum 2018 Valuation and Litigation Support CPE Conference, New Haven, CT, October 2018
- TCJA Impact on Business Values, Marcum Valuation and Litigation Support Advisor, October 2018
- Fair Value in Massachusetts Shareholder Actions, The Forensic Files, September 2016
- Fair Value in Connecticut Shareholder Actions, The Forensic Files, September 2016
- Working Capital for Business Valuations, Marcum 2016 Valuation and Litigation Support Conference, Ft. Lauderdale, FL November, 2016
- Working Capital as Part of the Cash Flow Forecast, Southeast Chapter of Business Appraisers 15th Annual Southeast Regional Conference, Atlanta, GA, 2014