Valuation & Litigation Support
Patrice Radogna is a director within the Valuation and Litigation Services Advisory Practice. Ms. Radogna has more than 20 years of professional services experience specializing in the valuation of operating businesses and pass-through entities for a myriad of purposes. Her experience also includes providing fiduciary services for ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) companies, including assisting in buy transactions from existing shareholders.
In addition to recently providing trustee services for existing and new ESOPs, Ms. Radogna spent 20 years building a national diversified valuation practice with a boutique valuation firm in Boston, as well as one of the leading independent national valuation firms in the U.S., with a focus in the areas of ESOP (buy-side and sell-side valuation services), gift and estate, M&A and shareholder consulting services.
Ms. Radogna earned a Bachelor of Science in finance from Boston College. She subsequently received a Certificate of Accounting from New York University, passed all four parts of the CPA exam in her first sitting, and is licensed in the State of New Hampshire as a Certified Public Accountant. She is also an accredited senior appraiser and holds the ABAR (Accredited in Business Appraisal Review) designation.
Ms. Radogna has attended more than 600 continuing professional education credit hours in specialized valuation-related courses, seminars, and conferences and is a frequent speaker for industry groups on issues such as employee stock ownership plans and valuation-related topics. She has also authored numerous articles in industry publications and is a contributor to Marcum’s Quarterly ESOP update publication.
Seminars & Presentations
- ESOPs – a Tax-favored Liquidity and Succession Strategy, Connecticut Chapter of XPX, Hartford, December 2018
- ESOPs: An Exit Strategy that Benefits Shareholders, Employees & Corporate Cash Flows, Presentation to: McLane Middleton Company, November 2017
- ESOP As An Exit Opportunity, Presentation to: DiCicco, Gulman & Company, LLP, Woburn MA, May 2017
- What’s The Difference: How Internal and External Trustees Do Their Jobs (copresented), National Center for Employee Ownership, Denver CO, April 2017
- The Successful Transition of a Closely Held Company to a Proud ESOP (copresented), ESOP Association, New England Chapter, Lowell, MA, March 2017
- Monitoring and/or Replacing Your Trustee (co-presented), National Center For Employee Ownership, Minneapolis, MN, April 2016
- Tax Issues Arising in Valuations (co-presented), Business Valuation Resources, Webinar, April 2015
- Monetizing Your Business — What’s Your Business Really Worth? (panel speaker), Family Business Valuation Summit, Cape & Plymouth Business, Hyannis, MA, March 2015
- Valuation Discounts: Impact of Corporate Structure, Governing Documents and State Laws, Florida Institute of CPAs, Fort Lauderdale FL, January 2014
- Valuation Discounts and Governing Documents: How Corporate Structure, Operations and State Laws Can Impact Valuation Discounts, Southeast Chapter of Business Appraisers’ 14th Annual Southeast Regional Conference, Atlanta GA, September 2013
- Participative Management in an ESOP Company — Focus on Business Planning and Value Creation, Annual Conference (Fall), New England Chapter of the ESOP Association, Nashua NH, October 2009
- Business Valuation — A Primer for ESOP Companies and their Advisors, Raymond James Financial/Beacon Hill Equity Group Sponsored ESOP Seminar, Newton MA, September 2007
- FASB 142 Valuation Report, Institute of Business Appraisers National Conference, Las Vegas NV, June 2004
- Valuing to Buy or Sell a Business, Boston College Small Business Development Center, Chestnut Hill MA, November 1999
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan and the Tax Act, Practical Tax Strategies, March 2018
- Tax Advantages of ESOPs As An Exit Opportunity For Architecture and Engineering Firms, Accounting Today, March 15, 2017
- Key Value Drivers in Wealth Management Firms, Investments & Wealth Monitor, November/December 2016
- Special Considerations in Valuing Wealth Management Firms, Business Valuation Update, December 2016
- ESOP Trustees Should Require Peer Review in ESOP Valuations, Business Valuation Update, March 2015
- Reactions to the DOL-GreatBanc Agreement, Employee Ownership Report, National Center for Employee Ownership (NCEO),
- Pass Through Entity Valuations — Considerations When a Partner Has Differing Claims to Cash Flows in Partnership Valuations,
Business Appraisal Practice, Q4 2014
- The Discount for Lack of Marketability – Addressing Increased Audit Risk, Delphi Valuation Advisors, Inc. newsletter, The Valuation E-Column, June 2012
- Two Legged Assets Drive Value in Professional Service Firms, Business Valuation Update, March 2011
- What are You Worth? ArchitectureBoston, Summer 1999