Tax & Business
Ronald Finkelstein is a Tax Partner in the Firm’s Long Island office and national Co-Partner-in-Charge of the Trusts and Estates Practice group. His extensive experience as an attorney and certified public accountant helps clients address their estate planning needs and make informed decisions for the future of their families and their businesses. As a trusted advisor to fiduciaries and estate and trust beneficiaries, Mr. Finkelstein handles all aspects of estate and trust administration.
A recognized authority on trust and estate issues, Mr. Finkelstein frequently lectures on topics relating to fiduciary income tax, trusts and estates matters and individual retirement account planning. Additionally, he has authored several articles for various industry and regional publications and has been quoted in the New York Daily News, Newsday, Practical Accountant and Long Island Business News on taxation issues.
Prior to joining the Firm in 2001, Mr. Finkelstein spent 14 years as an attorney counseling individuals, business owners and fiduciaries with trust and estate matters.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Nassau County Chapter, President
- Nassau County Chapter Taxation Committee, Past Co-Chair
- New York State Bar Association (NYSBA), Estate and Trust Administration Committee, Vice Chair
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Celebrity Lessons In Estate Planning
- Even Fiduciaries Have to Pay the Piper: A How-To Guide to the Income Taxation of Trusts and Estates, Herald National Bank, 2010
- Tax Aspects of Divorce, NYSSCPA Nassau County Chapter, 2009
- 1041 Review & Updates, National Conference of CPA Practitioners, 2009