Advisory & Assurance
Ronald Friedman is an advisory and assurance partner in Marcum’s Los Angeles office and a member of the Firm’s Advisory Services team. He is also co-leader of the Firm’s National Retail & Consumer Products Industry group.
Ron has more than 50 years of diverse accounting experience and over 15 years serving as an expert witness. He has testified as an expert witness in numerous litigation cases in federal and state courts regarding lost profits, partner disputes, and white-collar crimes.
Mr. Friedman has a unique ability to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of business operations and related controls to protect the assets of a company. He has been retained by entities across industries and of various sizes to investigate frauds related to partnership disputes, employee frauds, damages due to lost profits, breach of contract, and white-collar crimes. Mr. Friedman has also represented clients in Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission matters. He has been retained on numerous occasions for both consulting and expert witness engagements, particularly in ownership disputes, breach of contract, fraud investigations, earnout disputes and other types of forensic analysis.
Throughout his career as an independent accountant for privately held companies, he has uncovered fraud ranging from a CFO diverting company funds for personal use, to management fraud, financial fraud perpetrated on the company’s lenders, and others.
Mr. Friedman also provides consulting services for closely held and emerging businesses in the manufacturing, distribution and retail industries.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- California State University, Northridge
- University Corporation, Board of Directors
- National Jewish Hospital, Board of Directors
- Temple Ahavat Shalom in Northridge, Past President
- Union of Reform Judaism, Co-leader of Los Angeles Chapter of Presidents Roundtable
Articles & Presentations
- Flashback Part 4: 20th Century Fashion History- Los Angeles, Fashion Mannuscript, July 2023
- Flashback Part 3: 20th Century Fashion History- Los Angeles, Fashion Mannuscript, June 2023
- Flashback Part 2: 20th Century Fashion Industry, Fashion Mannuscript, May 2023
- Flashback: 20th Century Fashion Influences, Fashion Mannuscript, April 2023
- Marcum Retail Symposium, Fashion Mannuscript, March 2023
- 100 WaysTM – The Profit Enhancement Process
- Facilitation of Retreats for Professional Service Firms & Other Businesses
- Inventory Valuations and Auditing
- Reading and Understanding Financial Statements
- Internal Controls for Business Entities
- Will Magic Survive (Trade show), Fashion Mannuscript, September 2019
- Summer Has Arrived, Fashion Mannuscript, June 2019
- Spring, Fashion Mannuscript, February 2019
- Consumer Goods and Retail Sector Working Together, Los Angeles Business Journal, February 2019
- Hello Again, Fashion Mannuscript, December 2018
- Apparel Industry is not for the weak, Fashion Mannuscript, June 2018