Scott Manson is a managing director in the Firm’s Advisory Services division and a member of the Healthcare Services Group. Scott has experience providing healthcare consulting, accounting, and assurance services to small growth, mid-size, and national organizations that are public and privately held for profit, not-for-profit, and county owned. He works with many healthcare providers including skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies, hospices, and health centers, among others.
He uses his extensive experience to review and prepare Medicare and Medicaid cost reports, assist providers with state and federal audits, guide businesses as they start up, and advise on billing and reimbursement issues. His services also include financial statement reviews and compilations, forecasts and projections, agreed upon procedures, comparison of revenues and expenses with industry averages, operational analysis and budgeting assistance, and general financial business matters.
Scott blends his experience acquired in positions at regional and national accounting firms, corporate accounting at a national publicly held corporation, and audit experience with a government contractor. He is a frequent writer and speaker on healthcare, accounting, and finance topics for industry associations, financial institutions, and continuing education programs.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
- Illinois CPA Society
- Illinois Home Care and Hospice Council – Finance Committee Member
- Institute of Management Accountants
Articles, Seminars and Presentations
- CMS Overhauls its Medicare Home Health Reimbursement, Marcum Trending in Healthcare, November 2019
- Patient Driven Payment Model – The Dollars Might Be in the Details, Marcum Trending in Healthcare, September 2019
- Understand How Your Reimbursement Rates are Calculated, Leading Age of Illinois Annual Conference, April 2019
- Home Health & Hospice Industry Trends & Measures, Illinois Homecare and Hospice Council Annual Conference, March 2017