Scott Manson is a partner in the Firm's Advisory Services Division and a member of the Healthcare Practice group. He joined Marcum in 2015 via the Firm's merger with Frost, Ruttenberg, & Rothblatt P.C., one of the largest full-service accounting firms in the Chicago region.
Mr. Manson brings 20 years of experience to Marcum, providing healthcare consulting, accounting and auditing services to a variety of small to mid-sized, privately held, not-for-profit, and county-owned healthcare organizations, including skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies, and hospices. He uses his extensive experience to review and prepare Medicare and Medicaid cost reports, assist providers with state and federal audits, guide businesses as they start up, and advise on billing and reimbursement issues. His services also include financial statement audits, reviews and compilations, forecasts and projections, agreed upon procedures, comparison of revenues and expenses with industry averages, and operational analysis and budgeting assistance.
Mr. Manson is a frequent speaker on healthcare, accounting and finance topics for organizations such as the Illinois Health Care Association, Life Services Network, Illinois Homecare and Hospice Council, and the Illinois Hospice and Palliative Care Association.Among his many accomplishments, he:
- Increased revenues by $800,000 for a multimillion-dollar not-for-profit client by recommending and then implementing Medicare certification and training.
- Revamped budgeting and cost-containment procedures for an ailing not-for-profit healthcare facility, thereby increasing revenues and making the operations more profitable.
- Assisted not-for-profit, for-profit, and county-owned clients with specialty report filings to increase revenue.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois CPA Society
- Institute of Management Accountants