Joe Layne is a Director in Marcum’s Advisory Services practice. He oversees IT audits for large commercial clients, including public and private businesses. He is an experienced Information Systems Auditor with dynamic information systems risk, compliance and audit experience spanning 19 years across external Big Four Audit, Internal Audit and Information Technology.
Mr. Layne has worked in Information Technology as well as Internal and External audit developing a unique perspective having experienced the client side as well as performing client services. This allows him to better bridge the gap between broad regulations and the realistic impact or implementation of IT Risk and Controls with clients.
Mr. Layne offers ongoing education for clients around risk mitigation as well as risk assessments and consulting around prevention strategies and procedures. He assists clients develop protocols and internal controls for IT risk management.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Information Systems Auditing and Control Association (ISACA)
- Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), ISACA
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), ISACA
- Payment Card Industry Professional (PCIP), PCI Security Standards Council
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft