Shaun Blogg‚ a Partner in Marcum's Tax & Business Services division‚ is Partner-in-Charge of the Firm's West Palm Beach office. In that capacity‚ he blends his skills and expertise to meet the growing accounting and advisory services needs of the West Palm Beach community.
Since the inception of his career in South Africa‚ Mr. Blogg has successfully served large and medium-sized closely held companies. In addition to his auditing and accounting experience‚ Mr. Blogg has been extensively involved with corporate and transactional tax planning‚ resolution of IRS matters‚ optimization of individual tax positions‚ and tax compliance for clients across a broad range of industries.
As a member of the firm's Alternative Investment Group, he provides tax, advisory and due diligence services to the private equity market. In the corporate finance sector‚ he has experience in buy and sell side activities relating to mergers‚ takeovers and acquisitions. In addition he has re-engineered debt and equity frameworks to optimize profitability.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- FICPA Board of Governors, Board Member
- FICPA Palm Beach Chapter, Past President
- The South African Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Association of Chartered Accountants in the U.S.
- Gold Coast Venture Capital Club, Board Member
- North Palm Beach March for Babies, Board Member
- "Tax Benefits of Florida Hedge Funds and Private Equity," - HFM Week
- Finance Network Club Annual Seminar, "Loan Covenant Compliance"
- Florida Atlantic University, "Introduction to Accounting" part of FAU's certificate program for medical practice managers
- South Florida Business Journal Key Partner Award, 2007 Finalist
Bachelor of Accountancy
University of Witwatersrand
Bachelor of Commerce
University of Witwatersrand
September 21, 2016
Accounting Today reported on the Marcum Foundation's First Year Results.
The Marcum Foundation, the charity division of Marcum LLP, announced on Wednesday that
they have raised $242,841.95 in charitable donations between June 1, 2015, and May ....
The Marcum Foundation, the charitable giving arm of Marcum LLP, raised a total of $242,841.95 for charity between June 1, 2015, and May 31, 2016. ....
August 12, 2015
The IRS Proposes Strict Limitations on Management Fee Waivers
On July 22, 2015, the Internal Revenue Services issued Proposed Regulations to provide guidance on which allocations or distributions made by a partnership to a ....
February 18, 2015
Marcum Foundation Announces 2014 Donations to South Florida Charities
The Marcum Foundation distributed over $31,000 to South Florida charities for the year ended December 31, the organization announced today. 2014 contributions brought the ....
With its favorable tax environment, Florida has become a friendly place to do business. Shaun Blogg, of Marcum, discusses the benefits of the Sunshine ....
When doing business in Florida, it's not about the taxes you pay; it's about the taxes you don't pay!
This being the case, ....
There's a growing call to tap into more venture capital from local sources, as Florida startups bemoan the lack of in-state investors willing to bank ....
South Florida accountants said the federal government shutdown is affecting the ability to resolve some matters with the IRS.