Marcum is committed to fostering a culture that is both diverse and inclusive — one that encourages and enables all associates and partners to be successful.
At Marcum diversity, equity, and inclusion aren’t just buzzwords. We are laser-focused on achieving representation of diverse talents at all levels across our workforce. We are also committed to fostering an environment where associates feel a strong sense of belonging. This is achieved through our numerous Associate Resource Groups (ARGs). Our ARGs are pillars of our community that not only help to celebrate diversity but also promotes leadership, professional development, and mentorship opportunities.
Marcum DEI Events
In addition to our ARGs, Marcum also sponsors regular Firm-wide DEI events to continue to educate and build awareness on critical topics.
A national Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Steering Committee comprised of Firm leaders oversees a rich program of activities and initiatives implemented at the local level in the Firm’s offices across the country. Local activities and implementation of national initiatives are managed by regional DEI boards.
Insights & News
Did You Know?
Marcum was the first national accounting firm to establish a practice dedicated to serving the highly specialized needs of the LGBTQ community and others not fitting traditional definitions. Marcum’s Modern Family & LGBT Services group is nationally recognized as the thought leader in the specialty area of tax compliance and consulting services for high net worth modern families, same-sex couples, and LGBT individuals.
Leadership & Collaboration
- Industry Leadership
- Collaboration & Networking
Marcum women are active in numerous industry organizations and professional events devoted to advancing a diverse workforce, both inside and outside of the accounting profession. Marcum women have leadership roles in the following, among others:
- 1986 Club
- AICPA Women’s Global Leadership Summit
- Blue River Partners Blue Impact
- CalCPA Education Foundation Women’s Leadership Forum
- Federation of Protestant Welfare Agencies Female Wave of Change
- Financial Executive Women (FEW)
- Forum of Executive Women
- George Washington University Women in Business Conference
- Healthcare Financial Management Association Women in Leadership
- HIA-LI Women Leading the Way
- Illinois CPA Society Women’s Committee
- Moxxie Network
- NYSSCPA Nassau Chapter Women’s Focus Group
- Wealth Dimensions
- Women’s White Collar Defense Association (WWCDA)
Marcum supports a variety organizations focused on promoting and celebrating diversity. Some of the organizations we support include:
Marcum Women's Forum
The Marcum Women’s Forum, geared towards impactful women leaders from across the business and nonprofit spectrum, features panel discussions and keynote speakers focused on women’s health and women having a voice. The forum is presented in Marcum markets across the U.S. by the Marcum Women’s Initiative.
Speakers have included these world-class women leaders:
- Barbara Bradley Baekgaard, co-founder of Vera Bradley Designs Inc.
- Erin Brokovich, environmental activist
- Chelsea Clinton, global health advocate
- Hillary Rodham Clinton, former U.S. Secretary of State
- Laura Fredricks, JD, founder & CEO of THE ASK
- Carey Lohrenz, U.S. Navy’s first female F14 fighter pilot and author of Fearless Leadership: High-Performance Lessons from the Flight Deck
- Kakenya Ntaiya, founder and director of Kakenya’s Dream
- Diane Rehm, former host of the Diane Rehm Show, National Public Radio
- Jeanne Rizzo, former CEO of Breast Cancer Prevention Partners
- Melanne Verveer, director of Georgetown University’s Institute for Women, Peace and Security
Marcum Women’s Initiative
The Marcum Women’s Initiative is dedicated to the success of women at Marcum at all levels.
The program was established to invigorate a compelling work environment and enhanced career opportunities for women at the Firm, through national and local programs and activities that motivate, support, advance, retain, and reward women associates and partners along their career paths.
The initiative’s objectives are to:
- Foster an inclusive environment where women can thrive.
- Increase networking opportunities for women.
- Connect Marcum women to women in the marketplace.
- Develop mentoring relationships.
- Further the development and advancement of women.
- Provide a forum for women to share experiences and support each other in personal and professional pursuits.
- Encourage and support women throughout their development at the Firm.
I have clients from all over the world, and it is key for them to be with a firm that not only represents them but also understands their culture and concerns.Fiorella “Fio” Belardi Senior Manager, International Tax - Miami, FL
Joined Marcum in 2016
I’ve always been passionate about start-ups, technology and biotech. Over my 14 years with the Firm, I’ve been able to grow my practice to focus primarily in these areas, growing as a professional and a leader in the process. I am so grateful for these opportunities.Marilea Campomizzi Director, Assurance Services - Cleveland, OH
Working for a firm that allows me to integrate and blend work and life is key to ensuring I maintain my sanity. I couldn’t be more grateful for the Firm’s flexibility and support.Jennifer Carro Director of Client Experience - National
Upon interviewing with Marcum, I felt that this was it. I met with eight people and did not feel that it was a job interview, but rather a conversation. Marcum allows me the flexibility to be both a professional and a mother.Katerina Gewarges Supervisor, Tax & Business Services - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Joined Marcum in 2017
Within my first three months at Marcum, I have been able to expand my knowledge of accounting and professional development beyond what I anticipated.Nicholas Martin Manager, Assurance Services - Miami, FL
I have been working at Marcum for over three years. I’m so happy I joined a firm who truly invests in their employees. Marcum has an exceptional training program and is very dedicated to developing their team.Heather Santonino Director, Tax & Business Services - Melville, NY