HHS Provider Relief Reporting Requirements as of June 11, 2021
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued revised reporting requirements regarding the Provider Relief Fund (PRF) payments on June 11, 2021.
The following revised reporting requirements are applicable to those recipients who received one or more payments totaling at least $10,000 during a single Payment Received Period from the PRF General Distributions, Targeted Distributions, and/or Skilled Nursing Facility and Nursing Home Infection Control Distributions.
The main updates include increasing the amount of time providers will have to report information and extends certain deadlines for spending PRF payments for providers who received payments after June 30, 2020. The major revisions are:
- The time frame in which a provider must spend the funds is based on the date the payment is received, as opposed to mandatory expending of all payments by June 30, 2021.
- Providers must report each Payment Received Period in which they received one or more payments greater than, in total, $10,000, instead of $10,000 cumulatively across all PRF payments.
- The reporting deadline has increased to a 90 day period, which was previously a 30 day period.
- Providers who receive the Skilled Nursing Facility and Nursing Home Infection Control Distribution, along with General and other Targeted Distributions, must now abide by the reporting requirements.
- The PRF Reporting Portal will be available for providers to begin submitting information on July 1, 2021.
The following table is a summary of the updated reporting requirements:
|Payment Received Period (Payments Exceeding $10,000 in Aggregate Received)||Deadline to Use Funds||Reporting Time Period|
|Period 1||From April 10, 2021 to June 30, 2020||June 30, 2021||July 1 to September 30, 2021|
|Period 2||From July 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020||December 31, 2021||January 1 to March 31, 2022|
|Period 3||From January 1, 2021 to June 30, 2021||June 30, 2022||July 1 to September 30, 2022|
|Period 4||From July 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021||December 31, 2022||January 1 to March 31, 2023|