Innovative Changes to the Way You Prepare IRS Forms
It’s something businesses and payroll departments dread – IRS form-filing season. It’s the time of year filled with hours of repetitive data entry in order to complete 1099s, W-2s, and other required forms – diverting staff from other essential tasks that keep the business moving forward.
Over the next few weeks, all businesses must gather, verify, and organize voluminous employee information, before entering the data piece by piece in the rush to finish by the February 1 postmarking deadline. The volume of work in such a limited timeframe can be daunting. This is an annual stress for companies of all sizes but is particularly acute for small businesses with more limited staff resources.
Recognizing the challenges this creates for our clients, Marcum Technology developed a service to automate this cumbersome process, called 1099-Prep.
1099-Prep is an intuitive and inexpensive way to enter data and file your forms. It includes status update notifications when your forms are accepted. And it eliminates the cumbersome process of printing and mailing recipient copies. It also is continually updated for new IRS filing requirements, such as form 1099-NEC, which was introduced in 2020.
With a year of market utilization, the service now offers upgraded functionality and new features to provide transformative improvements.
- Expanded list of forms – 1042-S, 1098-C, 1099-NEC, 1099-MISC, 1099-B, 1099-K, 1099-DIV, 1099-S, 1099-R, 1099-C, 1099-INT, 1099-OID, W-2, W-2C, W-2G, plus applicable State reconciliations and forms
- Increased automation
- Individual state filings
- Improved templates, with automated input information, for significant time savings
- Forms mailed/emailed to recipient directly
- Templates allowing automated form creation – of unlimited volume
- Draft form preview
- Timely status updates and automated e-mail notifications
- Data verification prior to submission
- Credit card payment processing
- Cost effective and easy to use
To save valuable time, Excel templates are provided to enter payer and recipient information, as well as form data. Completed templates can then easily be uploaded to the website, where the data is validated against government requirements and populated on the selected form(s).
This streamlined filing process is straightforward so that you can get back to doing what you do best: managing your business.
Find more information at 1099-Prep.com. For questions or additional assistance, contact a Marcum Technology specialist at [email protected].