James Wiedemann is a senior manager in the Assurance Services division of the Firm’s Long Wharf Drive office in New Haven, Connecticut. He has more than 8 years experience providing compilation, review and audit procedures in the construction and manufacturing industries.
Mr. Wiedemann has experience with reporting requirements, revenue recognition and cost allocation techniques within the construction industry. He has in-depth knowledge of the accounting literature and is able to recommend changes to clients to increase productivity and overall output of information.
Mr. Wiedemann has prepared and presented internally on construction accounting and auditing matters and serves as an advisor to professional staff providing on-the-job training.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CSCPA)
- National Association of Surety Bond Producers (NASBP)
- Associated General Contractors of Connecticut Young Contractor Forum (AGC/YCF)
- Associated Builders and Contractors Emerging Leaders Group, Treasurer
- XBRL Surety Working Group
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Key Financial Indicators of Project Progress, Construction Executive, 2018
- Construction Contractors – Advanced Issues, CTCPA Seminar, 2017
- The Work in Process (WIP) Schedule: How to Prepare One, U.S. Department of Transportation Seminar, 2017
- NASBP Technology Innovation, NASBP 2017 Annual Conference, 2017
- Fundamentals of Construction Accounting for Contractors, U.S Department of Transportation Seminar, 2016
- Prepared, reviewed, administered and presented in the Marcum Construction Lunch & Learn Seminars, 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Prepared, reviewed, administered and presented in the Marcum National Construction Seminar, 2016