James Wiedemann is a director in the Assurance Services division of the Firm’s New Haven, Connecticut office. He has more than 13 years experience providing compilation, review and audit procedures in the construction, oil and gas, and manufacturing industries.
James has experience with reporting requirements, revenue recognition and cost allocation techniques within the construction industry. He has in-depth knowledge of the accounting literature and is able to recommend changes to clients to increase productivity and overall output of information.
James has prepared and presented internally and externally on construction accounting and auditing matters and serves as an advisor to professional staff providing on-the-job training. He has been acknowledged in several publications of the AICPA’s Audit and Accounting Guide – Construction Contractors. In addition, James is the co-author of the AICPA’s Construction Contractor: Accounting and auditing and Construction Contractors Advanced Issues Training Manuals.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CSCPA)
- Associated Builders and Contractors Emerging Leaders Group, Treasurer
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Significant Impacts of Revenue Recognition Under New Topic 606, Construction Executive, 2021
- The Realities of PPP, CTTMA Webinar, 2021
- PPP + ERTC: What Contractors Can Do NOW to Maximize Benefits, Marcum Webinar, 2021
- Topic 606 Rev Rec, NASBP Webinar, 2021
- PPP and the Rollercoaster Ride of Changes, Surety Bond Quarterly, 2021
- Pandemic Relief Programs for Contractors, Construction Executive, 2021
- The Impact of COVID-19 on the Construction Industry, Surety Bond Quarterly, 2020
- How Construction has Leveraged Economic Relief Programs to Survive COVID-19, Marcum, 2020
- Your Guide to the New Revenue Recognition Standard, Construction Business Owner, 2018
- Key Financial Indicators of Project Progress, Construction Executive, 2018
- Construction Contractors – Advanced Issues, CTCPA Seminar, 2017
- The Work in Process (WIP) Schedule: How to Prepare One, U.S. Department of Transportation Seminar, 2017
- NASBP Technology Innovation, NASBP 2017 Annual Conference, 2017
- Fundamentals of Construction Accounting for Contractors, U.S Department of Transportation Seminar, 2014
- Prepared, reviewed, administered and presented in the Marcum National Construction Seminar, 2016-2021
- Prepared, reviewed, administered and presented in the Marcum Construction Lunch & Learn Seminars, 2014-2021