James Wiedemann is a director in the Assurance Services division of the Firm’s New Haven, Connecticut office. He has more than 10 years experience providing compilation, review and audit procedures in the construction and manufacturing industries.
Mr. Wiedemann has experience with reporting requirements, revenue recognition and cost allocation techniques within the construction industry. He has in-depth knowledge of the accounting literature and is able to recommend changes to clients to increase productivity and overall output of information.
Mr. Wiedemann has prepared and presented internally and externally on construction accounting and auditing matters and serves as an advisor to professional staff providing on-the-job training. He has been acknowledged in several publications of the AICPA’s Audit and Accounting Guide – Construction Contractors. In addition, Mr. Wiedemann is the co-author of the AICPA’s Construction Contractor: Accounting and auditing and Construction Contractors Advanced Issues Training Manuals.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CSCPA)
- National Association of Surety Bond Producers (NASBP)
- Associated General Contractors of Connecticut Young Contractor Forum (AGC/YCF)
- Associated Builders and Contractors Emerging Leaders Group, Treasurer
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- How Construction has Leveraged Economic Relief Programs to Survive COVID-19, Marcum LLP, 2020
- Your Guide to the New Revenue Recognition Standard, Construction Business
- Key Financial Indicators of Project Progress, Construction Executive, 2018
- Construction Contractors – Advanced Issues, CTCPA Seminar, 2017
- The Work in Process (WIP) Schedule: How to Prepare One, U.S. Department of Transportation Seminar, 2017
- NASBP Technology Innovation, NASBP 2017 Annual Conference, 2017
- Fundamentals of Construction Accounting for Contractors, U.S Department of Transportation Seminar, 2014-2020
- Prepared, reviewed, administered and presented in the Marcum National Construction Seminar, 2016-2020
- Prepared, reviewed, administered and presented in the Marcum Construction Lunch & Learn Seminars, 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2018