Tax & Business Services Leader
Tax & Business
Joseph J. Perry is Marcum’s national Tax & Business Services leader and a member of the Firm’s Executive Committee, based in the Melville, New York office. He provides significant tax consulting and compliance services to clients in various industries, including publicly traded and closely held companies with local, national, and international operations.
As an integral member of Marcum’s senior management team, Joseph oversees nearly 600 professionals in more than 20 offices throughout the U.S., sharing his knowledge, vision, and strategic planning expertise to ensure that Marcum’s national Tax Department delivers exceptional client service. He has helped propel the Firm’s investment in technology to keep Marcum on the cutting edge of tax law changes and client service delivery. In addition, he is responsible for a portfolio of original tax content to inform and educate the Firm’s clients and others about changes in tax law, including timely Tax Flashes, the quarterly Beyond the Numbers newsletter, and the annual Marcum Year-End Tax Guide. He also orchestrated a series of national webinars and regional panel presentations to prepare for the impact of the historic Tax Cuts & Jobs Act of 2017.
Under Joseph’s leadership, as the Firm’s capabilities and geographic footprint have expanded, so, too, have the service lines and tax offerings available from Marcum’s Tax Department, including specialized services in international taxation, state and local tax, R&D credits, cost segregation, and transfer pricing, to name just a few.
With over 30 years of experience, Joseph offers his clients considerable expertise in individual and corporate taxation, accounting for income taxes, compensation, andmergers and acquisitions.
He has an in-depth background working with publicly traded companies, serving on the board of Dime Community Bancshares, Inc., as chairman of its Risk Committee and as a member of its Audit Committee. His unique business perspective allows him to provide significant business consulting services for his clients, from both a board and advisor perspective.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD)
- Association of Audit Committee Members, Inc. (AACMI)
- New York Bankers Association
- LEA/Leading Edge Alliance, Tax Steering Committee
- ECOVIS International, International Tax Task Force
- Molloy College, CFP Board of Standards
- American Heart Association, Board of Directors
- Dime Community Bancshares, Inc., Board of Directors (NASD: DCOM); Risk Committee Chairman, Audit Committee Member, Compensations Committee Past Member
- Cedar Cove Homeowners Association, Board of Directors