Andrew Finkle is a partner and national tax leader of the Transaction Advisory Services group, a regional leader in Marcum’s Private Equity Industry group, and national leader of the firm’s National Tax Office. Mr. Finkle has more than 30 years of experience advising middle market businesses with transactional, day-to-day advisory, compliance and accounting-related tax matters. He is also a tax attorney skilled in tax controversy matters.
Mr. Finkle leads a team of transaction tax advisory professionals providing advice to U.S. and multinational strategic buyers and sellers, private equity groups, and other financial buyers on the tax implications of complex business transactions. Focusing on both buy-side and sell-side deals, Mr. Finkle drives key services to his clients including transactional tax planning, tax structuring, tax modeling and tax due diligence.
Additionally, Mr. Finkle also has extensive experience in the areas of corporate tax planning, S corporations, partnerships/LLCs, bankruptcies, and tax representation before the IRS and state taxing authorities. His clientele span many industries including manufacturing and distribution, health care services and facilities, technology/ software, biotechnology and life sciences, cannabis, publishing and electronic media companies, and transportation and logistics companies.
Prior to joining Marcum, Mr. Finkle was the national tax leader of the private equity practice of a top ten ranked national CPA firm. He also has many years of leadership experience at large global accounting firms and practicing law.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Alliance for Mergers and Acquisition Advisors, Philadelphia Chapter Board Member
- American Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association for Corporate Growth, Philadelphia Chapter
- Exit Planning Institute (XPX), Philadelphia Chapter
- U.S. Tennis Association, Middle States Section, Junior Competition Committee
Articles & Presentations
- Concerned about Taxes? Experts Offer Webinars, LI Business News, Nov. 2020
- Trump Business Deductions, Associated Press, October 2020
- Business Rebound – Preparing for the Comeback, Webinar, June 2020
- Evaluating the Current Economic Uncertainty Certification on your Payroll Protection Program Loan Application, Article, May 2020
- Virus Relief Efforts Give Rise to New Tax Strategies, New York Times, April 2020
- Paycheck Protection Program and Healthcare Enhancement Act, Article, April 2020
- Coronavirus Update: Private Equity, Article, April 2020
- The Impact of Covid-19 on the Private Equity Community, Webinar, April 2020