Andrew Finkle is a partner and tax leader in the Transaction Advisory Services Division of the Firm’s Philadelphia office. He is also a Mid-Atlantic regional leader in Marcum’s Private Equity Practice group. He has more than 30 years of experience advising middle market businesses with transactional, day-to-day advisory, compliance and accounting-related tax matters. He is also a tax attorney skilled in tax controversy matters.
Mr. Finkle leads a team of transaction tax advisory professionals providing counsel to U.S. and multinational strategic buyers and sellers, private equity groups, and other financial buyers on the tax implications of complex business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, joint ventures, spin-offs, bankruptcies, work-outs and dispositions.
Focusing on both buy-side and sell-side deals, Mr. Finkle drives key services to his clients including transactional tax planning, tax structuring, tax modeling and tax due diligence. He also has extensive experience in the areas of bankruptcy tax, corporate tax planning and tax representation before the IRS and state taxing authorities. His clientele span many industries including manufacturing and distribution, high technology, biotechnology and life sciences, publishing and electronic media companies, and transportation and logistics companies.
Prior to joining Marcum, Mr. Finkle was the national tax leader of the private equity practice of a top ten ranked national CPA firm. He also has many years of leadership experience at large global accounting firms and practicing law.
Professional and Civic Affiliations
- Alliance for Mergers and Acquisition Advisors, Philadelphia Chapter Board Member
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Association for Corporate Growth, Philadelphia Chapter
- Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia, Audit Committee
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
Articles, Seminars and Presentations
- The Impact of Covid-19 on the Private Equity Community, Webinar, April 2020