Tax & Business
Dennis S. Pellecchia is a Partner in the Firm’s Boston office. He has over 35 years of experience in public accounting providing a wide range of services including accounting, audit, income tax consulting, planning and compliance, and management advice. While Dennis specializes in real estate, he has served companies in a diverse range of industries as well as wealthy families.
Dennis is the leader of the Firm’s New England Real Estate Industry Group and his extensive experience in the real estate industry encompasses a full range of sophisticated income tax consulting and planning services to real estate developers, owners and operators with investments in properties such as shopping malls, lifestyle centers, multi-family, mixed-use, industrial, office buildings.
Dennis has spent considerable time in the area of deal and entity structuring with a view toward exit strategy. By modeling “before” and “after tax cash flow” for the full anticipated life of the deal he is able to assist clients to fully understand the business deal and the impact of the complex partnership tax laws and regulations on the partnership, and the partners’, allocations of income or loss and “after tax ROI”.
Prior to joining the Firm, Dennis was the President, Chairman and CEO of a regional accounting firm in New England.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), Gavel Member
- Real Estate Finance Association (REFA)
- Medicine Wheel Productions, Inc., Board of Directors
- Men’s Golf Association at Ferncroft Country Club, Board of Directors
- Ferncroft Country Club, Advisory Board
- Albert Risk Management, Prior Advisory Board Member
- Kairos Dance Theature, Treasurer and Board Member
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Co-authored an article for the Mann Report July 2021
- Deductibility of Payment Made in Redemption of a Recalcitrant Partner’s Interest Arising in Connection with a Dispute, March-April 2015
- The Real Estate Professional and the 3.8% Tax on Net Investment Income, New England Real Estate Journal(2013)
- How is the Best way to Structure Joint Ventures?, New England Real Estate Journal (2009)
- Credit Crunch Squeezes Commercial Real Estate, Providence Business News(2007)
- Identifying Incognito Taxes: Have You Been Paying Too Much?, Banker & Tradesman (2007)
- Many Incognito Income Taxes Snare Real Estate Investors, Banker & Tradesman (2003)