Tax & Business
Diane Giordano is a Tax & Business Services Partner in the Firm’s Melville office and is the Firm-wide Credit and Incentive Program Industry Leader. She works closely with large, multi-state companies as well as family-owned businesses, providing tax consulting, financial statement disclosure and compliance services. Ms. Giordano’s clients also include SEC reporting entities for which she provides ASC 740 services.
Ms. Giordano has more than 25 years of accounting and tax experience. She frequently speaks to professional and industry organizations on a variety of tax topics and has authored numerous articles that have been published in various professional publications. Additionally, she serves as the editor of the Firm’s tax newsletter, Beyond the Numbers and the annual Marcum Year-end Tax Guide; and also is the Firm-wide tax training coordinator.
Prior to joining Marcum in 2005, Ms. Giordano spent 11 years at a global accounting organization and, previously, six years at a “Big 4” firm. Earlier in her career, she was an internal auditor at a large regional bank.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Mentoring Partnership of Long Island, Advisory Board
- Girls, Inc. of Long Island, Board Member
- Attorney/Accountant Networking Group (AANG)
- Moxxie Network
- A Wing and A Prayer, Volunteer
- American Heart Association, LI chapter, Past Board Member
- March of Dimes, Past Board Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Newsday Tax Panel, 2012
- Daily News Tax Panel, 2011
- Year-End Tax Update, NYSSCPA Nassau Chapter, 2009-2012
- Executive Compensation
- FAS 109
- Section 382
- Section 338
- Golden Parachute Plans
- Research and Development and Other Tax Credits