Tax & Business
Diane Giordano is a tax & business services partner in the Firm’s Melville office. She works closely with large, multi-state companies as well as family-owned businesses, providing tax and tax credit consulting, financial statement disclosure and compliance services. Ms. Giordano’s clients also include SEC reporting entities for which she provides various tax provision services.
Ms. Giordano has more than 25 years of accounting and tax experience. She frequently speaks to professional and industry organizations on a variety of tax topics and authors numerous articles that have been published in various professional publications. Additionally, she serves as the editor of the Firm’s tax newsletter, Beyond the Numbers, firm wide Tax Flashes and other social media publication content and the annual Marcum Year-End Tax Guide.
Ms. Giordano is also a leader in the firm wide integration process and is a frequent instructor on various tax technical topics.
Prior to joining Marcum in 2005, Ms. Giordano spent 17 years at other global and “Big 4”accounting organizations.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Moxxie Network
- Half Hollow Hills Business Partnership
- Mentoring Partnership of Long Island, Advisory Board
- Long Island Alzheimer Foundation, Past Committee Member
- Mentoring Partnership of Long Island, Past Advisory Board Member
- Girls, Inc. of Long Island, Past Board Member
- A Wing and A Prayer Cat Rescue, Volunteer
- American Heart Association, LI chapter, Past Board Member
- March of Dimes, Past Board Member
Articles & Presentations
- Marcum Annual Year End Seminar 2018
- Newsday Tax Panel, 2012
- Daily News Tax Panel, 2011
- Year-End Tax Update, NYSSCPA Nassau Chapter, 2009-2014