Edward Waddington is a partner in Marcum’s Philadelphia office and a member of the Valuation and Litigation Support Services group. He came to Marcum in 2015 via the Firm’s merger with Smart Devine, (formerly Nihill & Riedley, PC) a leading full service accounting firm in Philadelphia.
Mr. Waddington has more than 30 years of experience advising clients on numerous facets of financial and tax reporting in addition to representing a wide range of individuals and businesses in litigated financial disputes and civil and criminal investigations. Mr. Waddington’s prior experience managing traditional accounting and tax services with a client base of closely-held entrepreneurial businesses has provided technical expertise and transactional insight to effectively investigate civil and criminal financial disputes involving tax controversies, business valuations, commercial damages and professional malpractice actions.
Since 1986, his testimony as an expert in matters involving accounting and tax issues, commercial damages and business valuations has been accepted on numerous occasions in United States District Courts; Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas; Superior Court of New Jersey Chancery Division; United States Tax Court; United States Bankruptcy Court; Pennsylvania Board of Revenue and Finance and various arbitration and administrative proceedings.
Mr. Waddington speaks frequently at industry conferences, and throughout his career, has continuously been involved with numerous civic and charitable organizations in leadership roles. He currently serves as a member of the Board of Trustees for The Library Company of Philadelphia and recently was an officer on the Board of Directors of LaSalle University’s Alumni Association.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Financial Damage Measurement: A Refresher, The Legal Intelligencer, October 2018
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act – Impact on Business Valuation, Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Valuation And Forensic Accounting Conference, November 2018
- Interface with Criminal Tax Lawyer, Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Forensics and Litigation Conference, November 2017
- Valuations in Healthcare, Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Healthcare Conference, June 2012
- Net Operating Loss Carrybacks, The Eastern Bond Claims Review – Surety Fidelity Seminar, May 2012
- Understanding the Criminal Tax Plea Agreement The Legal Intelligencer, October 2017
- Fair Value in Pennsylvania Shareholder Actions Marcum Forensic Files, July 2016