Tax & Business
John Ahern is a partner in the Accounting Services department of the Firm’s Long Island office. Throughout his career he has worked closely with early stage companies (pre-revenue through exit) across all industries, closely-held businesses and high net worth individuals.
Mr. Ahern has established a practice within the Firm that works hand in hand with early-stage founders, owners of closely-held businesses and high net worth individuals providing tax consulting services. He advises his clients on entity formation, general tax planning strategies, and industry specific planning opportunities both from an operation and tax standpoint.
Mr. Ahern is quite involved in the business community, co-chairing the Cooperations with Attorneys Committee of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA). He’s also a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and involved with local fundraising organizations.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- NYSSCPA Suffolk Chapter Cooperation with Attorneys, Co-Chair
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Monday Night Party, Fundraising Committee
- Project Music Heals Us,Treasurer