Tax & Business
Jon Almeida is a partner in the Firm’s Providence, Rhode Island, office. He specializes in financial statement audits of businesses and non profit organizations, business valuation, litigation support, fraud examination, and merger and acquisition due diligence services. He is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner, and Accredited in Business Valuation.
Mr. Almeida has conducted educational seminars on forensic accounting and fraud prevention and detection. He has provided expert witness testimony in litigation relating to valuation, fraud, and other financial matters. During his more than 20 years of diversified accounting and tax experience, Mr. Almeida has assisted individuals and attorneys in resolving stockholder and family disputes and identifying and quantifying financial losses in fraud-related investigations.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Forensic and Valuation Services Section
- Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants (RISCPA), Business Valuation Committee
- The Sensational Child, Past Treasurer
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Capital City Connection, Treasurer