Healthcare Services Leader
Matthew Bavolack is a principal in the Firm’s Long Wharf Drive office in New Haven, Connecticut and serves as Marcum LLP’s Healthcare Services leader. He has more than 30 years of healthcare financial consulting experience. Mr. Bavolack focuses on financial reimbursement, operations and compliance matters for various healthcare providers to include but not necessarily be limited to the long-term-care, home healthcare, residential care, hospice, hospital, and physician practice industries.
Mr. Bavolack works closely with owners, administrators and boards of directors to ensure that all third-party filing requirements are met and in accordance with existing rules and regulations for both federal and state governments. In addition, he assists clients with budgetary, reimbursement, operations, strategic planning and other consulting issues. These include client representation through regulatory audit and appeal processes, rate negotiations and renegotiations, compliance reviews, management reporting, valuation analysis, expert witness representation, rate analysis, and assistance with mergers and acquisitions.
Over the years, Mr. Bavolack has provided boards of directors and owners with strategic planning services for physical plant expansions, mergers, acquisitions, procurement of financing, market analysis and benchmarking.
A recognized industry leader, Mr. Bavolack has presented numerous seminars and authored articles on a variety of healthcare-related topics throughout the country.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Connecticut Association of Healthcare Facilities (CAHCF), Reimbursement Committee
- Connecticut Association for Healthcare at Home
- The Leading Edge Alliance
- Association for Long-Term Care Financial Managers
- Home and Health Care Association of Massachusetts
- Connecticut Special Olympics
- American College of Health Care Administrators, Treasurer
- American Health Care Association
- Leading Age (National)
- LeadingAge Connecticut
- LeadingAge Massachusetts
- LeadingAge Rhode Island
- Massachusetts Senior Care Association
- Rhode Island Health Care Association