Nicholas Parseghian is a Partner in the Valuation, Forensic & Litigation Support Services practice in the Boston office. Nicholas has 17 years of experience providing business valuation and litigation support services to clients across an array of industries. He is an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) of the American Society of Appraisers, designated in Business Valuation.
Nicholas has extensive experience providing valuation support in matters related to minority-interest buyouts, strategic and transaction planning, and valuation analyses for tax and financial reporting purposes, including purchase price allocations (i.e. valuation of intangible assets including operating licenses, brands, patents, and contracts), goodwill impairment, stock option valuation, and valuations for estate and gift tax planning.
Nicholas has also provided litigation support and forensic analyses in connection with shareholder disputes, breach of contract and fiduciary duty, asset misappropriation, and economic damages, and has been qualified as an expert witness.
Prior to Marcum, Nicholas held business valuation and litigation support positions at a “Big 4” accounting firm and an international advisory-focused investment bank.
Professional & Civic Associations
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MassCPAs)
- Boston Trusts and Estates Consortium
- Association of Corporate Growth, Boston Chapter
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- “Valuing Intangibles,” Pennsylvania Institute of CPAs Advisory Services Conference, Online, October 4, 2023
- “Growth of the Legal Cannabis Industry Yields Challenges for Family Law Matters: Perspectives from an Attorney and a Business Appraiser,” International Academy of Family Lawyers Newsletter, October 2022
- “Valuation of Cannabis Businesses,” Connecticut Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, January 3, 2022
- “Complex Capital Structures,” Marcum Business Valuation Litigation Support Conference, Online, December 2021
- “Valuation of Cannabis Businesses,” American Bar Association Family Law Section, Online, December 2021
- “Cannabis Industry Overview & Valuation Considerations,” CFA Society of Buffalo, December 2021
- “Valuing Cannabis 2.0” International Society of Appraisers Conference, Las Vegas, October 26, 2021
- “What You Should Know About Cannabis Valuations,” Marcum Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Program Series, Online, January 19, 2021
- “Valuation, Taxation, and Accounting Issues for Cannabis Companies,” Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Online, December 4, 2020
- “Cannabis Update,” Marcum Business Valuation Litigation Support Conference, Online, November 4, 2020
- “The Pandemic’s Effect on Private Equity Transactions and Valuations,” CPE for Marcum Alternative Investments Practice, Online, October 15, 2020
- “Fair Value Measurements Amid the COVID-19 Crisis,” Business Valuation Resources Webinar, Online, July 28, 2020
- “Fair Value Measurements Amid the COVID-19 Crisis: Business As Usual No Longer Applies,” Marcum Valuation & Litigation Advisor, May 26, 2020
- “Valuing Cannabis Companies,” Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants, Boston, MA, January 28, 2020
- “Evaluating Forecasts: Insight Public Company Audits Can Provide Experts, Attorneys, and Other Users of Valuation Reports,” Marcum Valuation & Litigation Advisor,, December 16, 2019
- “Valuing Cannabis Businesses,” National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts New Jersey Chapter, Edison, NJ, November 20, 2019
- “Cannabis Valuations,” Marcum Business Valuation Litigation Support Conference, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, October 28, 2019
- “Fair Value Measurements,” CPE for Marcum Assurance Department, Southbridge, MA, June 17, 2019
- “Business Valuation New Hire Technical Training”, For National Valuation Training for New Campus Hires, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics, LLP, October 18 – 20, 2017
- “Business Valuation New Hire Technical Training”, For National Valuation Training for New Campus Hires, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics, LLP, October 16 – 19, 2016
- “The Market Approach,” CPE, for Marcum National Business Valuation Training Program, Marcum LLP, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, November 19, 2014
- “Discounts and Premiums,” CPE for Marcum National Business Valuation Training Program, Marcum LLP, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, November 19, 2014
- “Business Valuation,” CPE for Marcum Assurance and Tax Departments, Marcum LLP, Hartford, CT, October 29, 2013