Robert A. Ranallo is a partner in the Firm’s Advisory Services group. He brings an uncommon combination of skills to his expert work resulting from over 40 years of experience as an actively practicing attorney and certified public accountant with a specialization in economic damages, business valuation, and financial forensics. Mr. Ranallo is widely sought out by other professionals and courts for his interdisciplinary approach to problem solving. He is widely known as a creative thinker and practical problem solver.
Mr. Ranallo serves clients seeking advice, counsel and creative solutions in complex commercial disputes, domestic disputes, business valuations, forensic accounting and investigations, strategic and succession planning, commercial transactions and real estate transactions and financings. He has served as a court-appointed special master, financial expert, receiver and mediator in numerous complex commercial matters. Mr. Ranallo has also been qualified as a testifying expert and served as a consulting expert in numerous federal and state court matters involving commercial, valuation and forensic matters covering a wide variety of industries.
As a practicing lawyer, Mr. Ranallo has extensive experience in formulating and structuring commercial transactions, real estate transactions and financings, business combinations, white collar criminal defense with an emphasis on tax offenses, strategic and succession planning, and estate planning.
Mr. Ranallo has spoken on numerous occasions both nationally and locally on matters involving business valuation, commercial damages, shareholder agreements and other commercial matters. He is active in community affairs and has served on several not-for-profit boards, has held elective office for over 25 years in two municipalities, and is currently serving as Mayor of the Village of Waite Hill, Ohio, a position he has held for the past ten years.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- Ohio, Cleveland Metropolitan and Lake County Bar Associations
- Andrews Osborne Academy: Charter Trustee and Executive Committee Member
- School of Fine Arts, Trustee
- Village of Waite Hill: Mayor; Past President of Village Council
- Willoughby City Council: Former Councilman-at-Large and Committee Chair, Economic Development and Environmental Planning Committees
Awards & Recognition
- Winner of the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts Jeffrey R. Salins Award for Report Writing, 2014