Roger Bulosan joined Marcum in 2016 via the Firm’s merger with Lautze & Lautze CPAs & Financial Advisors, a full-service accounting firm in Northern California. Based in the Firm’s San Francisco office, Mr. Bulosan brings more than 30 years of experience in accounting, auditing, management consulting, and tax compliance, serving both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations.
Mr. Bulosan takes a forward-thinking approach to serving his clients with a continuous focus on process-improvement. Extremely proactive in delivering value-added service, his goal is to meet and exceed client expectations in helping to solve critical business challenges.
At Lautze & Lautze, Mr. Bulosan was a member of the Quality Control Team responsible for reviewing financial reports to ensure compliance with Firm and professional standards. He also served as an instructor for the Firm’s Orientation and Continuing Education programs, teaching Firm policies and training modules on accounting and auditing topics to professional accounting staff. As a mentor, Mr. Bulosan challenges young professionals to be entrepreneurial and strategic in considering risk, teaching them how to be independent thinkers and smart advisors to their clients.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- LeaderSpring – Treasurer & Board Member
- PDI’s Nonprofit Observer newsletter – Advisory Board
- San Francisco Council of Business Advisors
- Chair, California State Board of Accountancy’s Qualifications Committee
- Ascend: Pan-Asian Leaders in Finance and Accounting
- Audit Committee, Bay View Hunters Point Center for Arts & Technology
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- The ABC’s of Fraud Prevention and Detection, June 2017
- Tax Planning Opportunities, Council of Business Advisors, October 2015
- What’s up with UPMIFA, January 2011