Steven Lavenda is a partner in the Advisory Services division and a member of the Healthcare Practice group. He joined Marcum in 2015 via the Firm's merger with Frost, Ruttenberg, & Rothblatt P.C., one of the largest full-service accounting firms in the Chicago region.
After joining FROST in 1984, Mr. Lavenda was instrumental in growing the Firm's nationally renowned FROST Healthcare Consulting, Inc. and Healthcare Management Group, of which he was vice president as well as a founding member. In addition to managing the day-to-day operations of the group, Mr. Lavenda applied his more than 35 years of healthcare experience to help his clients administer their Medicaid reporting and reimbursement processes and navigate the ever-changing and complex regulations and operational issues facing the industry on a continual basis.
Among his accomplishments, Mr. Lavenda:
- Increased public aid reimbursements for nursing home clients by monitoring state legislative initiatives, regulations and trends in the long-term healthcare industry.
- Served as an invaluable and accessible resource for clients facing challenges brought on by reimbursement and compliance reporting.
- Counseled clients on the latest opportunities in the long-term care industry.
- Advised assisted living facilities on streamlined compliance and operational efficiencies to ensure their operations are running smoothly and effectively.
A frequent lecturer for many local trade associations on public aid reimbursement, Mr. Lavenda is a sought-after presenter and moderator for intensive long-term care seminars. In addition, he has authored numerous articles for trade association newsletters and magazines and served on committees sponsored by various nursing home associations in Illinois.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Affordable Assisted Living Coalition (AALC), Board member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Congregation Sha’arei Tzedek Mishkan Yair
- Illinois CPA Society, former chair, Committee on Long-Term Care
- Illinois Health Care Association, Finance Committee
- Midwest NCSY Youth Commission
- State of Illinois Health Facilities and Services Review Board, Long-Term Care Advisory Subcommittee
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- INHAA – Hot Topics and Trends in SLF and AL – November 2013, 2014 and 2015
- INHAA – Financial Data: Are You Getting the Most from It? – November 2015
- IHCA – 10 Top Medicaid RUGs 48 Facts – September 2013