Tammy Thomas is a director in Marcum’s Advisory Services Division with a focus on forensic accounting and litigation services. She has more than twenty-five years of experience, comprised of public and private practice, having spent several years in public accounting and serving in the private real estate investment industry.
Ms. Thomas has been involved in many engagements involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, accounting malpractice, franchise agreements, shareholder agreements, purchase price adjustments, fraud and intellectual property damages. She has been retained as the expert witness by plaintiffs and defendants in breach of contract disputes and has testified in depositions, at trial in court, and in arbitration.
Prior to focusing her career on dispute resolution services, Ms. Thomas worked in public and corporate accounting. She was an auditor a Big Five firm where she audited public and private companies, assisted in various SEC filings, due diligence, and various other consulting projects. Ms. Thomas audited clients in the international and domestic utility industry, as well as the telecommunications, manufacturing, and service industries.
Additionally, Ms. Thomas worked with a global real estate investment firm overseeing the financial progress of specific investments for several real estate funds and performing internal reviews and audits of properties. She was also involved in due diligence for potential real estate investment opportunities by
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA)
- AICPA Forensic and Litigation Services (FLS) Committee, Chair of the Fraud Task Force
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers (GAWL), Board Member and Treasurer
- GAWL Foundation, Board Member and Treasurer
- Georgia Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (GACFE)
- Women’s White Collar Defense Association Member (WWCDA)
- Chiefs in Intellectual Property Member (ChIPs)