Timothy Mikita is a Director in the Firm’s Long Wharf Drive office in New Haven, Connecticut and is a member of its Healthcare Industry practice providing both advisory and assurance services. He serves as the chair for the Firm’s National Healthcare Communications Committee. For more than 10 years, Mr. Mikita has provided services consisting of state and federal cost report preparation, certificate of need and determination of need filings, Medicaid and Medicare audit support, strategic planning, billing audits, and other regulatory compliance matters.
Mr. Mikita also assists healthcare clients with many consulting issues such as representation through regulatory audit and appeal process, rate negotiations, rate analysis and compliance reviews.
Mr. Mikita has background including financial statement audits, state and federal compliance audits, including Uniform Guidance. He specializes in working with long-term care facilities, home health and hospice agencies, continuing care retirement communities, not-for-profit organizations. amongst others.
Professional & Civic Affilitaions
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- American College of Health Care Administrators (CT and MA)
- Columbus House Finance Committee
- American Health Care Association (AHCA)
- Association for Long-Term Care Financial Managers (ALTCFM)
- Connecticut Association of Healthcare Facilities (CAHCF)
- Leading Age CT; MA; RI
- Mass Senior Care
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- CMS Skilled Nursing Facilities Final Rule FY 2024, August 2023
- Reinstatement of Medicare Sequestration, April 2022
- CMS Skilled Nursing Facilities Proposed Rule FY 2022 Summary, May 2021
- The CARES Act: Impact on Single Audits, June 2020
- Understanding the Importance of Nursing Home Resident Trust Account, December 2019
- Medicare Cost Report Filing: E-Filing or Traditional Filing?, November 2018