2017 Marcum Year-End Tax Guide Now Available
New York City, NY – Marcum LLP has issued its Year-End Tax Guide in the midst of Congressional efforts to reform the national tax code.
This year’s tax guide highlights 20 topics to help the Firm’s clients and others in their 2017 and 2018 planning. Articles include:
- Business Year-End Planning.
- Highlights of 2017 Tax Court Cases.
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- Affordable Care Act Update for 2017.
- The Expanding Research and Development Tax Credit.
- Payroll-Based Tax Credits.
- Five Commonly Missed Construction Tax Strategies.
- Casualty Losses in Federally Declared Disasters.
- Trust and Estate Planning Update.
- Same-Sex Spouses Should Examine Estate Planning.
- Tuition Planning.
- 2017 Year-End State Tax Updates.
- The Rise of Amazon and Problems This Creates.
- Sales Tax Collection – The New Wild West.
- Maximizing Charitable Contributions.
- Identity Theft: The Threat and What to Do About It.
- Self-Employment Tax: The Rubik’s Cube for Partnerships.
- Foreign Tax Credits and Various Operating Structures.
- Recent Changes to Small Captive Insurance Companies.
- Transfer Pricing Update.
“Just as we are going to press, on November 2 the House published its Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, proposing significant changes in our income tax code, affecting individuals and businesses in both favorable and unfavorable ways,” Joseph Perry, national leader of Tax & Business Services, wrote in his introductory letter. “Businesses will certainly pay less tax, as will their owners. Many individuals, certainly middle class and lower income earners, will pay less tax. Higher income earners who previously had taken advantage of significant itemized deductions will probably see increases in their tax liabilities under the proposal. The loss of significant deductions will most likely result in additional tax liabilities for many of our clients.”
Jeffrey Weiner, Marcum’s chairman and chief executive officer, said, “Yesterday the Senate released its version of the tax bill, and to no one’s surprise, there are vast differences from the House version. It’s not an understatement to say that there has never been a more uncertain time for U.S. taxpayers. But be assured that Marcum is here to help our clients navigate through whatever may come. We will continue to keep them up-to-date through our regularly issued Tax Flashes. And for anyone who hasn’t already registered for the Marcum year-end tax seminar in their area, we encourage everyone to consider attending.”
About Marcum LLP
Marcum LLP is a top-ranked national accounting and advisory services firm dedicated to helping entrepreneurial, middle-market companies and high net worth individuals achieve their goals. Marcum offers industry-focused practices with specialized expertise to privately held and publicly registered companies, and nonprofit and social sector organizations. Through the Marcum Group, the Firm also provides a full complement of technology, wealth management, executive search and staffing, and strategic marketing services. Headquartered in New York City, Marcum has offices in major business markets across the U.S. and select international locations. Marcum is committed to the advancement of diversity, equity and inclusion. The Firm is a founding member of LEA Global and is the exclusive U.S partner firm of ECOVIS International. Ever wonder where the people with all the answers get all the answers? #AskMarcum.