Five Marcum Partners Named to 2020 Notable Women in Accounting & Consulting by Crain’s New York Business
(New York City, NY) – Five partners of Marcum LLP were named to the Crain’s New York Business 2020 Notable Women in Accounting & Consulting list, published this week.
This year’s Marcum honorees include the following partners:
- Janis Cowhey, Esq. – A trusts & estates tax specialist and national leader of the Modern Family & LGBT Services group.
- Diane Giordano, CPA – Tax & Business Services partner and editor of Marcum’s tax publications.
- Colleen McHugh, CPA – Tax & Business Services partner and co-partner-in-charge of the national Alternative Investment Group Tax Department.
- Elizabeth Mullen, CPA – Tax & Business Services partner specializing in global corporate taxation and transfer pricing.
- Natalie Verbanac, CPA – Assurance Services partner and member of the SEC and Food & Beverage practice groups.
Marcum has been represented on the Crain’s Notable Women in Accounting list each year since its debut in 2018. Crain’s ranks Marcum No. 6 on its list of the New York metropolitan area’s largest accounting firms.
“These five women exemplify Marcum’s standards of superior client service, professional leadership, and commitment to excellence. They are all great role models for other professionals throughout the Firm – both women and men. On behalf of everyone at Marcum, I congratulate them all on this well-deserved recognition,” said Jeffrey M. Weiner, Marcum’s chairman and chief executive officer.
“In selecting the 86 honorees for this year’s list of Notable Women in Accounting and Consulting, Crain’s sought to spotlight the accomplished metropolitan area professionals and problem-solvers who keep businesses churning. The talented individuals presented here are a diverse group, skilled at resourceful innovation and disruptive thinking,” Crain’s wrote. “The nominations submitted by individuals and firms in the New York metropolitan area were rigorously vetted. Ultimately, each of the accounting and consulting notables was chosen for her career achievements and involvement in industry and community organizations.”