Tax & Business
David Gibbs is a partner in Marcum’s Blue Bell, Pennsylvania office. He works with clients in the commercial, industrial, and residential real estate sectors. David advises clients concerning a myriad of issues relating to cost segregation studies, 1031 Exchanges, Qualified Opportunity Zones, and 754 Elections. In addition, he has experience contributing to strategic tax planning and compliance efforts, as well as audits of municipalities, including as an authority on governmental audit procedures and Pennsylvania’s Local Tax Enabling Act.
He is one of only 1,000 industry professionals globally credentialed as a Counselor of Real Estate (CRE). His in-depth knowledge of tax law enables him to comprehensively assess the tax implications inherent in every transaction.
David joined Marcum following its merger with McCarthy & Company.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Counselors of Real Estate®, Member Budget & Finance Committee, Secretary, Delaware Valley Chapter
- The National Association of REALTORS®
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- “How Using Property Management Software Can Increase Your Rental Property Income,” Real Estate Issues®, Spring 2023
- “Qualifying as a Real Estate Professional Can Save Contractors Money on Taxes,” Construction Executive, August 2, 2022
- “Real Estate Tax Savings Opportunities Through a Cost Segregation Study,” Construction Executive, November 8, 2021“
- 7 Tax-Saving Opportunities for Real Estate Investors,” New Jersey CPA Magazine, Fall 2021