Office Managing Partner
AssuranceNonprofit & Social Sector, Cannabis
Jenny Deloy is office managing partner in Chicago and partner-in-charge of Assurance Services for the Midwest Region. She is the leader of the Private Equity and Transaction Advisory Services Group for the Midwest and has more than 20 years of experience providing auditing and consulting services for clients in a variety of industries, including healthcare, manufacturing /distribution, not-for-profit, and technology.
Ms. Deloy’s experience includes writing business plans to assist start-up companies in obtaining funding, as well as buy- and sell-side due diligence engagements.
Ms. Deloy was named one of “Chicago’s Most Influential Women Accountants” in 2017 by Crain’s Chicago Business. She is a contributing author to Marcum’s Capital Markets newsletter and leads technical training programs for Firm associates. She also represents the Midwest Region on the Firm’s national Diversity Program board.
Prior to joining Marcum, Ms. Deloy was a partner at a regional accounting firm and served as practice leader for the Audit & Attest engagements. She was a member of the firm’s Quality Control Committee and chaired the Not-for-Profit & Social Enterprise Sector.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois CPA Society, Audit and Assurance Committee
- Association of Corporate Growth (ACG), Member
- ProVisors, Member
- Leading Edge Alliance, Member
- Alliance of Transylvania Saxons, Past Trustee, Financial Secretary and Youth Officer
- British American Business Council, past Junior Board Member
- Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), Not-for-Profit Other Financial Communications Project (2011)
- KLTR Group, Past Development Committee Member
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- New FASB Guidance for Financial Instruments, Marcum LLP SEC Insights, September 2017
- Goodwill – Simplifying the Test for Impairment, Marcum LLP SEC Insights, May 2017
- How to Start a For-Profit Business in Illinois as a Non-Profit, Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services, 2014
- A First Look at the New AICPA Not-for-Profit Accounting Guide, 2013
- Social This, Social That. What Does It Mean? Why Does It Matter?, 2012
- Never Lost in Time: Prevent Fraud Before You’re the Net Victim!, LeadingAge Michigan, 2011
- Managing, Measuring and Positioning for Success, Association Forum, 2011
- Board Oversight: The Audit and the 990, LeadingAge Michigan, 2010