Rich Higgins is a partner in the Assurance Services division of Marcum’s Tinton Falls, New Jersey office. Rich provides clients with audit and accounting services in construction, real estate, restaurant, and retail. He helps clients establish benchmarks and analyze business data to design effective solutions to productivity, job costing, profit, and cash flow challenges.
He leverages deep connections within the industries he serves to help his clients expand their bonding capacity and secure financing. He also provides financial services directly to bonding agents, surety underwriters, and financial institutions seeking the qualified analysis of financial statements, and they rely on his insights to best understand the business impact of data concerning key performance indicators.
Rich joined Marcum following its merger with McCarthy & Company, where he served as managing partner of the firm’s New Jersey office.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA)
- National Association of Surety Bond Producers (NASBP)
- Utility Transportation Contractors Association (UTCA)
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- “Growth Minded Contractors Focus More on Profits Than Revenue,” Utility & Transportation Contractor, June 2022
- “Your Line of Credit Can Affect Bonding and Banking Relationships,” Utility & Transportation Contractor, April 2021
- “Cash Flow Considerations in the Bidding Process,” Construction Executive, January 19, 2021
- “Construction Contracts Need Amending Post COVID-19 Shutdowns,” Construction Executive, August 13, 2020
- “Succession Planning Is More Important Today Than Ever,” Construction Executive, June 10, 2020
- “Timing Is Important in Reporting Profits and Losses,” Construction Executive, January 14, 2020