Marcum’s Consumer Products Group is dedicated to helping consumer product companies of all types to embrace opportunity and challenge the ordinary — keeping your products on shelves and your business ahead of the competition.
As tastes shift, sales platforms evolve, and supply chains grow more complex, your focus is distracted from what’s most important – growing your business. Consumer products companies like yours face challenges on nearly every front, from state and local laws to international rules and industry-specific regulations. At Marcum, we understand that to adapt to changing consumer preferences and demands, you need to be agile, not weighed down.
That’s where our dedicated Consumer Products Group comes in to help you implement innovative strategies to improve profitability, create effective compliance policies, and negotiate and structure deals that benefit your business.
Embrace opportunity and challenge the ordinary so you can stay on shelves and ahead of the competition
Marcum’s Consumer Products Group serves both manufacturing-driven and consumer-pulled businesses around the world. Within these diverse markets, Marcum delivers a full range of financial reporting, tax compliance, and business consulting services linked by common supply chain principles.
More than ever before, companies are subject to regulatory scrutiny, global competitive pressures, and an ever-increasing pace of technological change. Marcum’s Consumer Products professionals guide clients through personalized, innovative strategies to increase profitability and maximize their competitive advantage.
Scope of Services
Our dedicated Consumer Products Group is armed with the experience, insights, and know-how to deliver solutions that help you overcome risks, take advantage of opportunities, and tackle evolving issues and needs. We offer a comprehensive suite of services to a broad array of consumer product segments – apparel, accessories, diamond and jewelry, electronics, beauty, home, food and beverage, and toys.
- Business structure and operations
- Industry benchmarking and performance metrics
- Royalty compliance
- Inventory management and chargeback analysis
- Financial, cash-flow projections and financing alternatives
Tax Planning and Compliance
- Corporate and individual tax planning and consulting
- State and local tax compliance
- International tax planning and reporting and transfer price consulting
- Tax controversy consulting
Accounting, Audit and Assurance
- Audits and financial reporting agreed-upon procedures
- Financial and cash-flow projections
- International financial reporting standards
Mergers, Acquisitions, and Public Offerings
- Deal negotiation, structuring, and due diligence
- Quality of earnings reporting
- Business valuation services
- Divestiture and exit strategy assessment
Fraud Detection and Prevention
- Forensic accounting
- Internal controls assessment, including cyber protection
- Expert testimony
Succession and Estate Planning
- Captive insurance opportunities
- Tax-effective gifting programs
- ESOP planning and reporting