Office Managing Partner – Farmington, CT
Tax & Business
Robert Lally is the office managing partner of Marcum’s Farmington, CT office with over 40 years of experience.
Mr. Lally specializes in the real estate and construction, aerospace/manufacturing, and automotive industry sectors. He provides tax services including practice before the IRS on tax controversies, partnership taxation, international tax issues and acquisitions. He has extensive experience with tax controversies, particularly IRS Appellate work and examinations.
Prior to Joining Marcum, Mr. Lally was a Founding Partner of Federman, Lally & Remis LLC in Farmington, CT and joined Marcum with a 2024 merger. Prior to that he was a tax partner in charge of the CT practice of a “Big Four” accounting firm and its national director of insurance practice and on the National Tax Committee and the Managing Partner’s Advisory Committee.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accoutants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- Connecticut and Federal Bar, Member
- Hartford Stage, Past Vice President
- Licensed Coast Guard Captain and Frequent Contributor, Sail Magazine
- Contributor Op/Ed Hartford Courant
- Ski Sundown Junior Race Program Coach